Recommend Good Thai School In Chiang Mai

mangoman007

I want a change from bangkok and am thinking of heading to Chiang mai for a two week intensive course in conversational Thai. Anyone have any recommendations?

There are a couple of options:

1) AUA run intensive courses and I think they do a 2 week one. Payap University run intensive course but they are 6 weeks not 2. Also I think they will be closing for a couple of weeks over Songkran

2) If you are really keen then pick up a one-to-one tutor for a morning or afternoon session, five days a week. Depending on your level of Thai proficiency you will be inundated with new material but it can be very helpful.

If you are interested let me know and I will put up some more information.

Thanks that is helpful. If you know of a Thai tutor I can contact please let me know. Am in the U.S. now so email contact best. Won't need it until June. Can you email me at [email protected]? Easiet than checking this forum. Thanks!

I will send you the details of someone I know by PM - it will probably be tomorrow because I have them at home. She is a senior tutor in Thai at Payap and very good. She has excellent English and does private teaching from her home near the CM University. If you are interested send her an eMail and discuss what you want to learn, where you are now in your level of language, and then negotiate a price per hour.

Depending on how good your Thai is you can take the following as a base line. In the early stages that I was learning Thai, I needed to jump a class at University and did a one hour session five days a week for six weeks. I found that after an hour I wasn't absorbing anything new. Add to that the time I needed to do homework and practice and I had enough. Now that I am pretty proficient in Thai, I would get benefit from a 2-3 hour session because the basic understanding is already there.

Good luck and enjoy