Need Samsung AC Board

Mike45

Five years ago I bought a Samsung AS10ULN for my MIL house. Im told it needs a main board DB93-09499E. Samsung says they don't have them anymore. I've tried independent AC shops in Ubon Ratchathani and no one has it.

I saw a universal board on YouTube but it's in India and they haven't returned my inquiry.

Any suggestions?

Yes I believe it is that board part number but I don't see a photo so I'm not 100% sure.

I don't know where to get it repaired. All I can tell you is that none of the AC people or shops we've talked to have offered that repair of the board ceas possible. Where could I get it repaired?

How about this one https://www.udorncooling.com/16776022/350-แผงแอร์-samsung-พาท-db93-12826b

Googling the part number gives a fair number of hits in Thailand. Worth a few calls (you will need a Thai).

Did you ask any of the outlets if they could repair? It looks like a simple through-hole board, not really much to go wrong, could even just be the fuse.

Completely edit because of a complete misunderstanding with my wife!

The village AC guy brought the board to the Ubon Ratchathani AC shops and they told him the part was no longer available. They didn't give him any option to repair it.

I see online that the entire inside unit can be replaced. Is this a possibility?

The part number you reference above isn't the same as mine and looks different. My wife just contacted udorncooling, which I guess is in Udonthani, they told her that was a replacement part but neither the replacement or original are available and they don't repair the.

Sorry about the confusion and wrong information originally posted.

received_514959515997988.jpeg

received_870110263370128.png

6 minutes ago, Mike45 said:

My wife went to this location in town. She was told that the board wasn't available anymore. I don't understand why they wouldn't offer to repair it if they did that. I'll have my wife ask again. 

The part number you reference above isn't the same as mine and looks different.

received_514959515997988.jpeg

If that is a can capacitor that looks to be melted, it might be worth a B40 replacement.  (?)

15 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

If that is a can capacitor that looks to be melted, it might be worth a B40 replacement.  (?)

C102 and C103 are roasted, and the one to the right of C103 in the photo?

Since all the replacement boards are gone, there maybe a design defective, which results in those capacitors overheating. They maybe too small.

On 9/5/2019 at 4:30 PM, Crossy said:

It looks like a simple through-hole board, not really much to go wrong, could even just be the fuse.

They looks like simple through hole boards until you flip them over. The through hole is mostly power supply switching and external control. Not difficult to to test the power supply and repair but this often reveals a damaged processor if the board was hit by a spike.

Aliexpress often has second hand discontinued board for sale and worth a part number search.

The B side.

pcb-4467X3.jpg.f6c9712ef102e245fbaf786d58441ccb.jpg

19 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

The B side.

But that's not the board in question is it?

The board in the OP photos is single-sided (wire links on the top surface) and it's SRBP, it's not even an FR4 board (cheap, cheap cheap).

AliExpress or Ebay is certainly worth a look (I didn't see any with a quick search).

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

But that's not the board in question is it?

The board in the OP photos is single-sided (wire links on the top surface) and it's SRBP, it's not even an FR4 board (cheap, cheap cheap).

AliExpress or Ebay is certainly worth a look (I didn't see any with a quick search).

Yes its a 080310-05658 bottom side. Look near the white 3 pin power connector and follow up to the transformer then to the isolation slots.

pcb-4467X3-B.jpg.0cb1219bea2131892d8ec5a022abfa65.jpg

13 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Yes its a 080310-05658 bottom side. Look near the white 3 pin power connector and follow up to the transformer then to the isolation slots.

Yup, agreed.

In my defence it's been a very long time since I had anything to do with PCB manufacture (Pace 9000 receiver was the last I recall dealing with, in the early 90s, I wrote the test software for Race Electronics in Llantrisant). 

I have had the main board of a 2006 Samsung air conditioner repaired at an independent appliance repair shop in Buriram. I brought the original board to Samsung official repair office near Bangkok Christian Hospital and they checked their warehouse and it was no longer possible to buy a new board. However the board was repaired for 1200 baht in Buriram so the OP might have the option to have his board repaired locally. The repair shop I use is the official repair service center under contract to Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp and other reputable brands. I've seen them fix a Smeg dishwasher for a friend!!

Thanks everyone. No one in Ubon will repair the board and the village guy doesn't want to install a universal or a new inside unit. I've decided to buy another AC and it won't be Samsung because they don't support them for parts after a few years.

Archived