UK EVisa London

Hi Lads,

stuck doing the evisa online

help please step 5 supporting documents

numbers 5 and 7

number 5 proof of accommodation

on arrival I travel to wifes home in Phetchabun do I have to submit a letter from her inviting me to our home.Can this be an e-mail from her

What other ways can this completed

number 7

What do I need for this one. Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa

I believe none can be left blank all must have file attached to proceed

Thank you

No 7 about proof of residence is another copy of your passport. We checked with the Embassy for that one. Just be aware that one of the copies of the Passport is in JPEG form and another one is PDF!!
For question 5 we just put in the address where we will be staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

49 minutes ago, peterpeter said:

Thanks for the replies

Riojasue which is 7 JPEG or PDF

theoldgit sorry being new did not know in wrong place were have you moved it can not find it now .

For the record, I only supplied JPEG files and no PDFs. Even their Embassy Guide tells you that their system can only take JPGS file types that mustn't exceed 200KB. 

All depending on what type of visa that you're applying for, as you didn't specify, you can see my own guide on how to approach using this E-visa online application process with the link I've provided below...

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118112-my-guide-to-online-e-visa-applications-via-london-thai-embassy-60-day-setv-by-post/#comments

Thanks Senior Player,

Just an  SETV 60day and a bit of clarity on 5 and 7

Riojasue says they asked embassy about 7 and told just passport again

so how about 5 can I just put in my home address in Thailand how is that proof of accomadation

1 minute ago, peterpeter said:

Thanks Senior Player,

so how about 5 can I just put in my home address in Thailand how is that proof of accomadation

Yeah, same here. The methods I used and wrote down all worked for me and I got my SETV no problem.

If you go through my guide carefully you'll see my own solutions, especially involving accommodation. I'm sorry I'm a bit busy now so don't have time to answer individual questions.

21 hours ago, peterpeter said:

Thanks Senior Player,

I sent a jpg of girlfriends Thai id: card and wrote in same address 

Right all done have paid and received e-mail conformation

I asked a friend to help he having just done evisas to Kenya and Tanzania recently

so we were both quite surprised to find that after all that

you still have to send all documents by post for your Visa, ( as I have always done in the past )

My friends visas were sent to his email and he just printed them off.

Why not Thailand ?

My questions had been about 5 and 7

for 5 I put address of my home in Thailand

for 7 copy of passport again

Thanks Alsyapal  although I did not add copy of wife,s ID  to 5 online just our address

wish I had thought of adding ID

Edited by peterpeter
update
  • Like 1

Sorry @peterpeter I was really busy yesterday so I didn't have time to answer your query at any great length. It appears by your message above that you've done everything that you need to do and have submitted your documents and application successfully. With regards to the accommodation, the alternative would've been to have temporarily booked a couple of nights in a hotel with the intention of cancelling it as soon as your SETV was approved. The Thai Embassy is not interested in anything beyond your initial first few days stay. For the record, since getting my SETV I have booked accommodation in a condo for my entire duration, and there was no need to notify the embassy of this as I already have my visa now. Basically, there is no need for a detailed itinerary of your stay. 

I think the need for the original documents to be sent along with your passport is to ensure that you haven't simply doctored a file digitally. By sending the original document, it removes any subterfuge or tricks. I should add that by sending the original documents, it gives you the chance to add your own handwritten notes at the bottom, eg: I intend to confirm my booking payments upon my visa approval, etc. 

Now you need to follow your application online, which I've also included in my own guide on page 1 on what to expect. It should only take a day-and-half for them to turn it around and back in the post to you.

Good luck and let us know when you get it.

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

I think the need for the original documents to be sent along with your passport is to ensure that you haven't simply doctored a file digitally. By sending the original document, it removes any subterfuge or tricks. 

What would be stopping someone doctoring a file digitally and then printing it out?

With regards to bank statements, I get my statements by PDF only. Do you think they would accept that? When you print it out it looks basically the same as one you get through the post.

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

What would be stopping someone doctoring a file digitally and then printing it out?

With regards to bank statements, I get my statements by PDF only. Do you think they would accept that? When you print it out it looks basically the same as one you get through the post.

Bank statements are printed on a different grade of paper to the one in your average printer, so it's easy to distinguish between the two. In answer to your second question, I also get my bank statements by PDF but that didn't stop me contacting my own bank and requesting an actual statement for me to send. The choice is entirely yours to make. If you want to give it a try, let us know if they accepted it. Personally, I decided to err on the side of caution and send a bonafide statement from my bank.

i recently followed your guide Senior Player, posted my passport to the London Thai Embassy on wednesday, got the visa issued today, and should get passport back tomorrow. Applied for the 60 day SETV, but supplied my flight details for 80 days stay and stated i would be applying for a 30 day extension from a local immigration office, and just did a book and cancel with booking.com for a few days hotel in Bangkok, for my bank statement i just saved one page from the pdf statement from my online account - then converted it to a jpg image and uploaded that, i phoned them today just to check and visa issued all fine.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TroyC said:

i recently followed your guide Senior Player, posted my passport to the London Thai Embassy on wednesday, got the visa issued today, and should get passport back tomorrow. Applied for the 60 day SETV, but supplied my flight details for 80 days stay and stated i would be applying for a 30 day extension from a local immigration office, and just did a book and cancel with booking.com for a few days hotel in Bangkok, for my bank statement i just saved one page from the pdf statement from my online account - then converted it to a jpg image and uploaded that, i phoned them today just to check and visa issued all fine.

That's good to know about converting a PDF of a bank statement as it'll certainly make it much easier applying next time. Cheers for the confirmation. Great that you've got your SETV on the way.

7 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

With regards to bank statements, I get my statements by PDF only. Do you think they would accept that?

Should be fine. For my visa application in April all my bank could provide was a very unprofessional looking statement knocked up in-house, but I took it to the embassy and they had no problem with it. They accepted the statement's authenticity due to it being stamped and signed in my local bank branch, I'd recommend doing this with yours before submitting them to the embassy. 

Edited by lamyai3

Yesterday I posted off my application for 60 day SETV I have only enclosed the 4 items requested on e-appointment by post.

1/ the downloaded e-appointment with barcode and reference no

2/ Actual passport

3/ £10 note

4/return address with post code

the 2 I was stuck on 5 and 7

For 5 I have just put in our address in Thailand (wish I had thought of adding wife,s ID to that one we,ll see )

or Senior Players idea of booking a few days in hotel

For 7 I have put in copy of passport again

for the financial part just downloaded bank statement from my Kasikorn

I wish to thank every one for their  contribution as well as helping me may be of use to others

and as soon as I know from Thai embassy you will know.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, peterpeter said:

Yesterday I posted off my application for 60 day SETV I have only enclosed the 4 items requested on e-appointment by post.

1/ the downloaded e-appointment with barcode and reference no

2/ Actual passport

3/ £10 note

4/return address with post code

the 2 I was stuck on 5 and 7

For 5 I have just put in our address in Thailand (wish I had thought of adding wife,s ID to that one we,ll see )

or Senior Players idea of booking a few days in hotel

For 7 I have put in copy of passport again

for the financial part just downloaded bank statement from my Kasikorn

I wish to thank every one for their  contribution as well as helping me may be of use to others

and as soon as I know from Thai embassy you will know.

Just to recap what the application actually stated onscreen after Step 5 at the Submit application by post stage, they requested that these items be enclosed:

1) Original Passport

2) Photocopy of Passport bio-page

3) Photograph

4) Travel booking confirmation (eg, flight details)

5) Proof of accommodation (eg, Agoda booking confirmation)

6) Bank statement (eg, printout of a bank PDF statement or official bank letter)

7) Confirmation of legal residence (I just sent another copy of my bio-page with "I confirm that I am a British citizen" written below it and signed it)

Plus your original signed declaration and E-Appointment (barcode) that also needs to be signed by yourself. I trust that you signed this last printout before sending it @peterpeter?

It remains to be seen whether the photograph is really required as some have reported that the embassy haven't needed it when they turned up in person to submit their passport and documents.

The addition of £10 was for a return special delivery of your passport, which is exactly what I had to do, as my Post Office couldn't provide me with a prepaid return envelope to stick inside with my documents.

Anyway, let us know how you get on and whether they ask for any additional copies, or if they just let it slide. 

Good luck.

When the application is completed they highlight in red what you need to send down if you’re using the postal method. For both my husband and I it was just the four things
1) barcode
2) passport
3) £10 note
4) return address.

We sent these four things on Tuesday and received our passports back with our OA Visa on Friday. A really excellent service from the Embassy.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, persimmon said:

I wonder how up to date the statements need to be . I am hoping to use an instant access account which is not used much.If I apply 2-3 months in advance , the statement will be out of date by the time I travel.

I used an instant access savings account a few months ago with no problem. The main issue was my bank doesn't issue regular statements for that kind of account so I had to get one made up in my local branch.

The embassy keeps changing their mind on the seasoning. A couple of years ago a same day statement was good, but since last year they wanted proof that the money had been in the bank for three months. It changed again with the e-visa rollout in June, now the statement needs to show it's been in the account for one month.

Regarding your question, once the visa has been issued your travel dates are irrelevant. You will have a valid visa, and there will be no check on financials for the duration of the visa and any permission to stay given on it (potentially up to two years). Not a bad idea to apply sooner rather than later with the mandatory insurance threat that's been hanging over the Non O-A's this summer. 

Hi Senior Player

Just to recap what the application actually stated onscreen after Step 5 at the Submit application by post stage, they requested that these items be enclosed:

1) Original Passport

2) Photocopy of Passport bio-page

3) Photograph

4) Travel booking confirmation (eg, flight details)

5) Proof of accommodation (eg, Agoda booking confirmation)

6) Bank statement (eg, printout of a bank PDF statement or official bank letter)

7) Confirmation of legal residence (I just sent another copy of my bio-page with "I confirm that I am a British citizen" written below it and signed it)

No I have done exactly like Riojasue just the four items marked in red Ive missed the bit after stage 5 stating the 1-7 above

all those items are included in the online application so hopefully not needed in hard form as well.

We should have our answer by Thursday

I think the key to these E applications is to look at what they ask you to send and do exactly that. Once you’ve submitted the application they then highlight in red what they want you to send by post. We just did exactly that. On occasion they’ve asked some applicants to send more documentation but they will specify what they want.

Hi All,

Sent passport to London Thursday 5/9/ 2019 received back Tuesday 10/9/2019 good turn around 

Included only 4 items requested in red.

Sent it tracked for £3 if anyone interested

Success SETV for 60 day inside valid to the 8th December.

I wish to thank all who helped and hope it also helps anyone else in similar circumstance

Friends I chatted with recently have done e-visas online for Kenya Tanzania and Canada and all received their e-visas

online without the need to send off their passports hopefully one day it will be the same for us.

• Like 2