retirement visa

Does a retirement visa ha e to be based on a pension ?

I am 50 but do not qualify for a UK pension yet...But...

i do have regular payments from a share in a company that i worked for in a 20 year period.

Does this qualify ?

If it does..

do the payments have to be on the same date ?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can use income. Does not need to be "pensions". BTW a term that has many meanings even in farang world. Does not have to be same date but needs to be 65k+ every month. Demonstrated to come from outside los. Don't listen to the 65k " average".

Best to make sure that comes in every month.

Or use money in bank and lock up best part of 800k for the year. 

Edited by DrJack54

23 minutes ago, battersea said:

thanks Dr Jack...
i can easily show 80k plus coming in every month for a year .. but when i tried to explain this arrangement to Immigration they did not seem to understand it.
would i perhaps need a covering letter from the company explaining it ?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your bit mixed up. There are 2 methods. First is showing monthly transfers from overseas into your Thai bank of 65k +.  You perhaps would need to enquire what you imm office would except as proff of "income" . since various imm offices in los have various rules. Many folk choose to use "money in bank method" .....that requires pretty much having 800k baht in your account most of year down to minimum 400k. Explain details latter. If you choose later option and obtain the non o from outside los eg Vientiane etc. You do not need to show where money came from. Or, you could do border bounce for visa exempt entry and do conversion to obtain no o at immigration inside Thailand. In that case you need show dosh came from o/s.

Edited by DrJack54

Firstly, you could qualify for a retirement extension by putting 800,000 in a Thai bank account and pretty much leaving it there.

A second option is to demonstrate income transferred into Thailand  of 65,000 baht or more, every month. It would make sense to keep transfers at around the same date just to fulfill the requirement.... and maybe allow for an odd delay of several days.

A further option, just to confuse things, is a combination of income and a bank deposit totaling 800,000 baht. 

If you had a Thai wife, a marriage extension is another cheaper option. 

These are 'extensions of stay' obtained in Thailand. Have you considered a Non-Imm-OA visa obtained in the UK. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/10/2019 at 7:37 AM, DrJack54 said:

You can use income. Does not need to be "pensions". BTW a term that has many meanings even in farang world. Does not have to be same date but needs to be 65k+ every month. Demonstrated to come from outside los. Don't listen to the 65k " average".

Best to make sure that comes in every month.

Or use money in bank and lock up best part of 800k for the year. 

Recommend as an alternative to have your income go to some home bank account and store it up and buffer it there, then you transfer the 65K monthly to your Thai bank account.  That is what the Thais want at the moment to satisfy the retirement extension income method. Must show monthly 65k transfers from abroad.   In addition, I would recommend you transfer the money in the middle of the month to avoid the chance that due to holidays, bank closures, network issues etc. that might cause a payment to not happen on say the 1st of the month or miss the 31st of a month and then you get two payments in one month but for one month you showed no transfers in.  Some posters here have had issues where they "missed" a transfer by a day or so and immigration sometimes was OK with it, sometimes were not. 

• Like 1

The funds come from a UK company to my Thai bank account every month for years.

The average amount is 100,000 baht per month and it usually comes between the 17th and 25th of each month.

It comes into my Krungsri account and is marked as an FX transaction.

Is this good enough to satisfy the requirement ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, battersea said:

The funds come from a UK company to my Thai bank account every month for years.

The average amount is 100,000 baht per month and it usually comes between the 17th and 25th of each month.

It comes into my Krungsri account and is marked as an FX transaction.

Is this good enough to satisfy the requirement ?

It should be as long as it's > 65,000 and happens roughly the same day every month