I guess I broke my own rule

Nyezhov

10 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Good man. You did the right thing. Ignore the moralising hypocrites who jump through hoops to justify their own meaness and misanthropy. Here is another poor person trying to use her talents to support her family. Wealthy westerners who criticise her, people like her and people like you and me who give to street performers and beggars even those of doubtful merit, should be tarred and feathered and bull whipped across the nearest border. It is noticeable that in reality these apologists have less empathy for thais than sex pats and so called sex tourists. Give me the latter any day over the radical feminists, evangelicals and pious virtue signallers who infest this forum.

I have seen someone like that, I give them some coin. I like the music and the dancing creatures.  Good enertainment.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:34 AM, Nyezhov said:

I couldn't read her sign attached to the little box, for all I know, she was collecting for some surgery.

If you have a smart phone open Google translate open camera scan the message and Google will translate it for you.

some phones require you to take a picture, others just scan and translate, but make sure you set the translation Thai to English.

Microsoft also has an excellent translation app free on ITunes and Play store.

Both apps have voice translation ability so you could ask short questions and get answers but you May have to educate the app first

Good luck

There used to be mother and sleeping child begging around Chidlom and Phloenchit station. The child seemed drugged to sleep. An office lady told the mother she called the police and they are coming with social welfare. The mother quickly left.

Begging is illegal in Thailand, that's why we don't see many nowadays. Beggars prey on the weak as they exploit human kindness. And there are stories of kidnapped child used as beggars. Anyone hungry could go to a temple and the monks will feed you, there's always plenty of food from morning alms.

On the other hand, busking is allowed by law.