Import duty for audio equipment

CanNot

Hello I want to buy an headphone DAC/AMP in Germany and get it delivered to Thailand. What is the percentage of import duty to expect on top of the 7% VAT. Or does anybody know the best way to contact customs to get the information there.

Thanks in advance! 

All the customs figures I got straight from the customs PDF were far higher than what they actually charged me when I retrieved packages from the Customs center near Changwattana.  (20-30% vs 5-10% actual customs charge + 7% vat).  If you live in Bangkok, check out Fortunetown mall as they have a TON of boutique high end audio stores.  That way you’ll really get an idea if it’s worth it to have it imported.   Can’t say what the tax on electronics is however as my imports were leather and tools.

I had the same experience with headphones. The PDF and searching the forum said 60% but they actually charged 10% on all the packages I got so far.

I actually found a couple of PDFs not even sure wich is the correct one. 

If the amp would be 10% I would do it if 60% I wouldn't. I just don't know where to get the actual correct percentage. 

Edited by CanNot

30 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Customs info, contact etc is pinned at the top of this forum.

Of the two sites that estimate customs duties, one gives the same wrong amount as the Thai customs pdf (code 4104)  Makes no sense as I have paid customs directly at the customs center here in Bangkok multiple times recently.  Even when mentioning it to the customs agent, she said that the percentages in the PDF were often wrong.

It is what it is, but nice to have the actual duties paid end up much lower than I expected.

Edited by Airalee

• 2 months later...