TM28 enforcement ???? Why is it even mentioned ???

Still very confused why people are mentioning or discussing TM28.

Is there anywhere in Thailand where TM28 is enforced ??? Are people being asked for them ? Are people being fined for not having one, refused 90 day reports or extensions for not having one ???

Maybe I missed the memo but as far as I know its not enforced anywhere, there are no fines or issues at immigration for not having one etc. 

The only time its ever required, if at all, is to change your permanent address, and even then there are no fines being levied etc.

If it is being enforced, where ? How are they checked, What is the penalty? Why are we even discussing it ?

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

There was a recent news article in the Phuket news that immigration there was going to start enforcing it.

There are signs up at many immigration office about section 37 for that the TM28 is for. 

I don't recall any recent reports of anybody being fined for not doing a TM28. The fine for it can be up to a max of 5000 baht.

• Like 1

When I moved from the BKK area to Korat TM-28, 30 and 47 just to be on safe side - same day.  I do not want a ding on my IO file.

Did the same when I moved from Pattaya to BKK, and got charged 20 or 30bt for (?)stamps put on some (?)paper - all done same day.

Edited by edwardflory
addl info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, geisha said:

I was told in plain English that if I didn’t have my TM 28  slip in my passport I wouldn’t get an extension on my SETV Visa nor Visa Exempt. Jomtien last March. Has this  changed ?

Jomtien has never asked for TM28 receipt, you are possibly confusing it with a TM30 that jomtien does require for TV or visa exempt extension.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Jomtien has never asked for TM28 receipt, you are possibly confusing it with a TM30 that jomtien does require for TV or visa exempt extension.

Correct. In my case. I did a properly completed TM 30 after I returned from Malta in August and renewed my annual extention yesterday in Jomtien. No problem. Your experience may differ. Best wishes. 

"Compliance with any law is voluntary. The consequences for not complying  and being caught are mandatory".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, they have clarified what the law is etc, but like the TM30 5 years ago, its yet to be enforced.

There is a law in Thailand where you cant leave the house without underwear on, why are we not discussing that one, lol

now that is a subject worth talking about, as to the subjects of tm30, tm28 and tm47, they have been done to death recently

Peterw42. Hi, just help me out here. When I went for  an extension on my SETV visa 2 years ago, i was told I needed the “ Receipt of Notification” slip of paper which I duly filled in. I also gave them the photo copy that my condo office had declared me. I was told I needed this IF asking for an extension on my tourist visa or visa exempt. I had this confirmed by the English speaking man that works there ! I have been doing this for 2 years running on my arrival.The form says

Notification formfor house master ,owner or the possessor of the  Residence where Alien has stayed.

The slip of paper they staple in pp says Receipt of Notification.

What form is this if not TM28 ? 

I Don t want to risk being refused an extension. 

JOmtien IO. I rent same condo 3 months every year.

7 minutes ago, geisha said:

Peterw42. Hi, just help me out here. When I went for  an extension on my SETV visa 2 years ago, i was told I needed the “ Receipt of Notification” slip of paper which I duly filled in. I also gave them the photo copy that my condo office had declared me. I was told I needed this IF asking for an extension on my tourist visa or visa exempt. I had this confirmed by the English speaking man that works there ! I have been doing this for 2 years running on my arrival.The form says

Notification formfor house master ,owner or the possessor of the  Residence where Alien has stayed.

The slip of paper they staple in pp says Receipt of Notification.

What form is this if not TM28 ? 

I Don t want to risk being refused an extension. 

JOmtien IO. I rent same condo 3 months every year.

That is a TM30

So , for Jomtien to accept my extension, I still have to  go there on my initial  arrival and fill in this form, and get the slip stapled in pp ? Plus the copy the condo office gives me of her declaration online , passport copies , visa page 1900B etc. 

Thanks for these explications.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:17 AM, Peterw42 said:

Yes, they have clarified what the law is etc, but like the TM30 5 years ago, its yet to be enforced.

There is a law in Thailand where you cant leave the house without underwear on, why are we not discussing that one, lol

Ive been  illegal for 45  years!!?/??OMG! a s long as the arresting officer  doesnt wantt to take down my particulars

• Haha 1