90-days by proxy

On 9/22/2019 at 8:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

My wife does my reports for me and I just give her a completed TM47 form with my passport.

Of course it could vary by office.

Besides your passport and a completed TM47 form your could include a copy of your photo page, most recent entry stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. Plus a short note authorizing her to the report for you.

You also have the option do your reports by mail if your local immigration office accepts them.

There is no fee for 90 day reporing.

If you do your reporting to Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 and you have your last 90 day receipt with bar code, you only need that and your passport - they remove the old receipt, scan the bar code, print out a new receipt, staple it into your passport and you are done.  My Thai partner has been doing my reports for me with no problems - just the passport and old receipt.  But, if a different Immigration Office that doesn't use the bar code receipt, then the completed TM.47 and copies of other documents Ubonjoe mentioned will most likely be what is required. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

If you do your reporting to Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 and you have your last 90 day receipt with bar code, you only need that and your passport - they remove the old receipt, scan the bar code, print out a new receipt, staple it into your passport and you are done. 

I just do the TM47 form in case they decide they want one. They do use the barcode at the office. There have been a few times they gave it back to her. I have been printing out the same completed TM47 for years now after changing the date on it so it does not take much effort to do it in my case.

A Thai friend does my 90 day reports for me at Jomtien. He just takes my passport with the previous report stapled in it. Nothing else. Been doing if for years. No problem.

Even back lwhen I was doing it myself they no longer wanted a  TM.47 except probably for your first report.