Panthongtae ‘explains everything’ about Bt10m cheque in note to court

snoop1130

Panthongtae ‘explains everything’ about Bt10m cheque in note to court

By THE NATION

800_93f59cd6f6af16b.jpg

Panthongtae at the Central Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconducts today

A case linking Panthongtae Shinawatra to a dubious loan from Krungthai Bank opened at the Central Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconducts Cases on Tuesday (September 24) with testimony from a prosecution witness.

Panthongtae, son of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, pleaded not guilty, claiming that the Bt10-million KTB-issued cheque he received was part of an investment fund set up with the son of an executive at the Krisada Mahanakorn property group.

In addition to a written statement, Panthongtae said he will explain what he did with the Bt10 million in a testimony to court on September 26, vowing to be the lone testifier in the entire defence testimony sessions.

The defendant added that he had no intention to launder the money, and that the judges would understand him if they read his statement. No details about the written statement were provided by either Panthongtae or the judges.

Panthongtae is being tried for charges of money laundering and conspiring to commit money laundering, which are in violation of several articles under two money-laundering related laws as well as a violation of the Criminal Act.

The Bt10-million cheque is believed to be part of the Bt10-billion loan that Krisada Mahanakorn was allegedly illegally granted by state-run KTB at a time when Thaksin was serving as prime minister.

Several executives from the property group, including the one cited by Panthongtae as an investment partner, were slapped with a 12-year prison term each in another trial.

The first prosecution witness who testified on Tuesday was Sunthara Poltrai, an Anti-Money Laundering Office official who has been handling the Panthongtae case. In the testimony, he said he had detected financial transactions between Panthongtae and the now-jailed Krisada Mahanakorn execs despite them allegedly having no business connections.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376666

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-24

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

He repaid the 10 Million back,and thought he was out of trouble....

regards worgeordie

Can't even cheat in university exams, thought he could get out of trouble there as well, but mommy stepped in to sort it out but was not successful (from memory) - might be mommy to the rescue again with same result. 

Twisting the truth about investment return from property fund, wow I think we all would like a piece of that action, sounds to good to be true, 

rings true, buy one get one free!

all being equal did all investors get a similar return percentage wise.

55 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Is it bad etiquette to wai while holding a mobile phone?

A serious question. I have found myself in a similar situation while holding something and fumbling around trying to be polite.

Wai.jpg

Is it  a wai or is it " no way  am I going to let you see who has been twitterin  to me ! "

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Bt10-million cheque is believed to be part of the Bt10-billion loan that Krisada Mahanakorn was allegedly illegally granted by state-run KTB at a time when Thaksin was serving as prime minister.

So have any KTB executives been found guilty?

On 9/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, hotchilli said:

So have any KTB executives been found guilty?

"Several executives from the property group, including the one cited by Panthongtae as an investment partner, were slapped with a 12-year prison term each in another trial."

From the OP.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, Artisi said:

Can't even cheat in university exams, thought he could get out of trouble there as well, but mommy stepped in to sort it out but was not successful (from memory) - might be mommy to the rescue again with same result. 

Actually daddy reacted publicly to the proven uni exam cheating incident with comments like, 'everybody does it, it's normal'.  Folks might also recall the son initially attended Thammasat university but faded out and then reappeared at Ramkhamhaeng university where he was caught cheating. 

Is it bad etiquette to wai while holding a mobile phone?
A serious question. I have found myself in a similar situation while holding something and fumbling around trying to be polite.
Wai.jpg.bb4e673687485ce8697892d2ea4310bc.jpg
I doubt if it is bad etiquette. I see Thais do it all the time. Sometimes they only use one hand if they are carrying something big like a bag.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

"Several executives from the property group, including the one cited by Panthongtae as an investment partner, were slapped with a 12-year prison term each in another trial."

From the OP.

I asked about KTB bank executives who agreed the loan... not in the OP

Archived