New Electrolux fridge ETB2302H outside walls very hot

TacoKhun

So i got this new fridge from power buy and after turning on, outside walls especially near the handle and divider between top and bottom section are very hot to the touch, not warm, but really hot its hard to hold hand on them. Is that normal or i should talk to guys in shop?

Yes think straight away not normal, maybe not good model I would seek replacement or go to another brand if they can't replace.

I have 2 Hitachi fridges never seen that happen.

Never had Electrolux before, in Aust and PNG doth higher temperatures than here Email, Kelvinator, Westinghouse and Samsung never done that.

We had something like that with our old Electrolux. Talked to the shop, they said wait and call us tomorrow if problem persists. Morning time everything was alright. We still have that one, by the way, over 10 years now, still works fine.

Bought one (not Electrolux) for MiL a couple of months ago. Same thing.

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

We had something like that with our old Electrolux. Talked to the shop, they said wait and call us tomorrow if problem persists. Morning time everything was alright. We still have that one, by the way, over 10 years now, still works fine.

Bought one (not Electrolux) for MiL a couple of months ago. Same thing.

Agree with that. When you first turn a new fridge on, there's a lot of residual heat that it has to draw off before reaching its working temperature. Once it's done that it will settle down.

I've also noticed this issue with our Hitachi following a power cut.

Dear OP, that's totally normal, especially in a hot country.

The gas enter to condenser and dissipate the heat through the condenser. The condenser is installed on the back or both sides of the refrigerator. So when you touch the cabinet that installed the condenser, it is warm, especially in summer, or in hot countries, the walls will be hot.

It's normal especially when you fist turn oit on.  All of the heat that is removed from the inside has to be dissipate somewhere.  Those big heat dissipation coils that relied on air circulation outside to dissipate the heat are still there hidden under the "beautiful" cabinet, but they have to dissipate the heat.  More so here due to the climate.  My 19 year old whirlpool really huffs and puffs during really hoe weather, no aircon, and the case does get hot.