Nicest Inflight Entertainment

Shah Jahan

Qantas is terrible too,Most of the hosties are so old and fat they have to walk down the aisle sideways.

Similar to most of the male passengers that travel to Thailand.

If you think Qantas is bad, try United........................

The average age of their cabin crew would have to be over 50!

Worst I ever had was Brussels to Chicago Biz Class on AA

The fat hostie was picking bits out of our seafood medley and eating them ie shrimps and crab claws when she thought we could not see.

At least two of them could not go up the aisle even in biz without bashing against seats and people as so large - only Buddha knows what they could de in an emergency.

The fat hostie was crochetng and ignoring calls for drinks

On the way back with a Belgian / French crew it was excellent and I would never have thought about customer service from them!

Maybe its flights to Chicago because my worst BA experience was flying to there too

Lufhansa - they are rather authoritarian but serve what you require.

I flew to London last year on Ethiad, the most stunning women I have ever seen. Arab, Chinese, Thai, English a mixed bag. I treated myself to first class and I noticed the first class is where the most beautiful hostys were. A great trip. 6ft 1 bed, priority through Gatwick, literally 1 minute and out the door. It was pretty cheap to, I think 70k return of something like that.

I think the Arab women are gorgeous. edit - well the ones on the plane were anyway.

Edited by Tornado

Qantas is terrible too,Most of the hosties are so old and fat they have to walk down the aisle sideways.

:o:D

I think you hit a nerve Maigo6. The silence surrounding your observation is deafening. :D

:D :D

I think you hit a nerve Maigo6. The silence surrounding your observation is deafening. :D

I think so too. :o

Imagine a bunch of Air Hostesses on a Forum discussing the age looks and weight of the average Thailand bound Farang......... :D

Imagine a bunch of Air Hostesses on a Forum discussing the age looks and weight of the average Thailand bound Farang......... :o

That's why they get paid to do it. Why do you think they call it "work".

The rest are paying for the experience.......often even after the plane lands :D

Imagine a bunch of Air Hostesses on a Forum discussing the age looks and weight of the average Thailand bound Farang......... :D

The rest are paying for the experience.......often even after the plane lands :D

What? You mean they're not just paying to get from "Point A" to "Point B?" That's why I buy the cheapest tickets which often comes with the ugliest flight attendants... :o

Quiz

In the nineties we had an airline flying in Asia which we shall never forget.

All the hostesses were fat old battle-axes who would bully and push the passengers around.

"Another soft drink please" request to one of them resulted in a brusque.."you wait your turn"

To add insult to injury the same battle-axes manned the city offices of the airline.

Clue...they no longer operate in Asia...thank God and their ads showed a plane parked on the taxiway with the passengers still inside partying and reluctant to disembark. Initials AC.

Can anyone guess / remember the name of the airline which flew BKK-SING-LONDON ?

Quiz

All the hostesses were fat old battle-axes who would bully and push the passengers around.

"Another soft drink please" request to one of them resulted in a brusque.."you wait your turn"

To add insult to injury the same battle-axes manned the city offices of the airline.

Clue...they no longer operate in Asia...thank God and their ads showed a plane parked on the taxiway with the passengers still inside partying and reluctant to disembark. Initials AC.

Can anyone guess / remember the name of the airline which flew BKK-SING-LONDON ?

Air Canada

:o:D

The mighty sceadugenga heaves his noble bulk before the keyboard to reply to these slurs.

Fat farang tourists contribute much more to the Thai economy than some scrawny backpacker and serve the vital task of making BG's earn their money. They ask for nothing more on the flight other than regular beers and their manly, benevolent nature has hostesses scurrying to their side with a constant supply, (unfortunately a few stewards who bat for the other side as well).

Singapore Airlines appreciates their worth and should be the airline of choice for all those with a politically incorrect body mass ratio.

Edited by sceadugenga

What? You mean they're not just paying to get from "Point A" to "Point B?" That's why I buy the cheapest tickets which often comes with the ugliest flight attendants... :o

As do I. But...As Nok...Air Asia and other discounters has demonstrated...cheap doesn't have to mean ugly. :D

Perhaps I can sell that to them as a marketing slogan

Quiz

Air Canada

They have a new fleet of 777s arriving next month so they'll be back soon. Rude as ever.

AC staff consider themselves civil servants, which is an insult to the civil service.

When it comes to the in-flight entertainment, the best one is - where you can chose what you want to watch/listen.

Scrap metal US airlines, most of them have only a communal screen.

Almost as bad as the worst in the industry - United, Biman Bangladesh, American Airlines, Aeroflot of Russia.

Now, flying ANA, Singapore, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines...I can only say - I have a choice.

And it is - the flight map and flight progress.

But, That was my choice. Not a communal screen that limits me.

Fat farang tourists contribute much more to the Thai economy than some scrawny backpacker....

Yeah, but don't forget, it's the scrawny backpacker that has the verve to write all those travel books on Thailand; which find their way into the suitcases (and more backpacks) of the 20-somethings and 30-somethings party crowd who unload their dollars and pounds at The Full Moon Party and Bangkok's Discos; who, eventually, when they finally turn 40 & 50, find the BG of their choice, settle down on some Isaan rice farm, pouring their fat retirement/welfare check into the local economy (consisting of 3 beers a night, and a 50-baht movie ticket once a month).

THAT's the fat, balding farang, who thinks he can live it up for a few hours on his once-a-decade flight to the home country to renew his passport.

But remember, it all started with the scrawny backpacker.

So there. :o

Edited by toptuan

Fat farang tourists contribute much more to the Thai economy than some scrawny backpacker....

Yeah, but don't forget, it's the scrawny backpacker that has the verve to write all those travel books on Thailand; which find their way into the suitcases (and more backpacks) of the 20-somethings and 30-somethings party crowd who unload their dollars and pounds at The Full Moon Party and Bangkok's Discos; who, eventually, when they finally turn 40 & 50, find the BG of their choice, settle down on some Isaan rice farm, pouring their fat retirement/welfare check into the local economy (consisting of 3 beers a night, and a 50-baht movie ticket once a month).

THAT's the fat, balding farang, who thinks he can live it up for a few hours on his once-a-decade flight to the home country to renew his passport.

Backpackers, if they are on a work-holiday visa , they are a dream of any country.

They bring (average) 3K US$, then work, pay taxes, and leave much more than a high-quality tourists.

A backpacker to Australia makes about 30K on a holiday work, pays the tax and leaves. Then, he/she remembers the great place, many of them do biz with Oz after that. About 20% stay, marry or whatever.

In contrast, our Dietrich, a tattoed , beer belleied sheet metal worker from Dresden who comes to Pattaya and has never ever been anywhere, the poor sod is not a spender.

He stays there, if she liked it, he might even scrap what the booze could not take away, and buy a "condo" at one of the "projects".

No wonder Australia has risen the numbers of backpackers (called "holiday work visa") to 180 thousand per year. Includes Thais too.

The backpackers who enjoy their stay also return for their honeymoon, family holidays, business trips, and when their wife finally gets the brains to dump them because their lack of social skills leads them to refer to women as "fat cows", they return again and blame western women for their woes. :D

The backpackers who enjoy their stay also return for their honeymoon, family holidays, business trips, and when their wife finally gets the brains to dump them because their lack of social skills leads them to refer to women as "fat cows", they return again and blame western women for their woes. :D

Actually i came to thailand as a dirty backpacker, doing 30 day visa runs for years, having no money in my pockets and liked it so much that i stayed and now i drop at least 100k every month into the Thai economy for my various enterprises.

but anyways back to stewardess. I routinely commute from CNX-BKK and can afford to fly Thai Airways no problem, but choose to fly Nok because they are so much nicer and younger and prettier and have nice white skin and are happy to see me.

And not to mention that Thai Airways flight are normally filled with a bunch of sweaty red faced falang with uncovered shoulders and un-powdered armpits, here on a 1 week holiday, being corralled by a bunch of tired looking and jaded 40+ stewardess.

ROFL - I came to Thailand as a backpacker but I can assure you have never blamed western women for any of my woes but know exactly what you are talking about.

Actually i came to thailand as a dirty backpacker, doing 30 day visa runs for years, having no money in my pockets and liked it so much that i stayed and now i drop at least 100k every month into the Thai economy for my various enterprises.

but anyways back to stewardess. I routinely commute from CNX-BKK and can afford to fly Thai Airways no problem, but choose to fly Nok because they are so much nicer and younger and prettier and have nice white skin and are happy to see me.

And not to mention that Thai Airways flight are normally filled with a bunch of sweaty red faced falang with uncovered shoulders and un-powdered armpits, here on a 1 week holiday, being corralled by a bunch of tired looking and jaded 40+ stewardess.

I came as a backpacker too and am now a regional functional manger for a company you will know. I still love TG and a gold card but Raffles Biz class is my usual now - how times change - I still remember the bus to Samui and CM from BKK!