Dont count your chickens before they hatch

Abananaed

so they got a new lucky at olympic mall opens at 8 am by the side entrance
so your wandering around thinking hey these are good prices better than most elsewhere about the place.. but then you gotta go to the checkout, yep it rings up the cheap prices displayed and they are printed out on your receipt. wow that was good but then you casually look a bit further down and yes its got a vat entry there like most BUT and heres the catch, they add the vat to the total after the good prices have been added up already. yep they slug you an extra 10% on top. first time i have even noticed this in cambodia. , dont know l  about other luckys in pp.

battambong lucky doesnt do it

but heres the good news, even with 10% added at the till the prices are still better than most other places but what you thought was a real good deal turns out to be just a slightly better deal not really worth treking across town for.

oh yeah there is no sign up telling you about the 10% vat slug and the checkout chicks sure aint going to say anything

one other tip here too if you are looking for miso (japanese paste) you can find it in aeon mall 1 at least

but its most likely going to cost you 4x1500=6000 reil on the buses to get there and back, change at monivong

if you are going there for the first time tell the driver you want to get off at aeon mall1 because even if you have an eye out looking for it it is difficult to tell if you are actually there. there also isnt a marked but stop where the bus will stop and going back you have to flag the bus in front of the place at no marked bus stop and it will stop.

shopping food market part open at 8 am but the mall itself opens later so you have to walk a considerable way up the side of the mall from where the bus drops you till you get to the early opened door

On 9/29/2019 at 2:13 PM, Sheryl said:

Can order from AEON online and get it delivered

thanks for that it is an option i hadnt considered

II. Delivery to customer's door

- Pay by cash at customer's door

informative website.

will look into it further

may be in danger of never going outside at all if it works out:) and thats not a bad thing in this annoying  tuktuk infested place

I order from them online all the time. Fast and reliable and saves a lot of hassle. I do tip the delivery guys.

Another good place for online ordering, more expensive but with more farang delicacies is delishop.asia They, too, are very fast and reliable.

Not much need to go out to buy groceries any more, unless it is for something you need to visually inspect before buying.

• 2 weeks later...

look more closely at the receipt. pull out your calculator and you will find that the subtotal under the prices isnt actually the subtotal of the prices , it is a 10% reduction of the total price further down. so unless something has changed recently they are in fact charging you shelf price, that said most of my shelf price  purchases have been raised 10% since my last visit

Archived