Passport Replacement Markings?

bsross

Hello all :o

Maybe some of you smarter, more well-travelled people can help me to know if a Thai passport is original or a replacement for a lost passport?

Thanks for any input :D

Bryan

To the best of my knowledge a passport is a standalone document with no relationship to a previously issued one. So my guess is you cannot tell if the previous passport was claimed to be lost and new one issued.

I suspect the reason for the question is someone has presented you with a new, clean passport with the explanation they have never been outside Thailand and you wish to confirm there is not an another one full of say, Singapore (or some Western country) stamps.

I can say, that for a certain type of Thai woman that travels overseas, it is not unusual to change passports fairly regularly, often with a different name it. It is not hard for a Thai to change their name. A simple trip to the Amphur is all it takes.

If indeed, you are wondering about past travels of someone currently near and dear to you, my advice is let it go. You will never find the whole truth, so give yourself a break and don’t worry about it.

TH