Corrupt Pattaya Plain-clothes Police Rob Couple.....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: March 23rd 2007

PATTAYA PLAIN-CLOTHED POLICE ACCUSED OF ROBBING COUPLE

On 22nd March, Mr. Ekachai Polglum(28) from the Dankoontod District of Nakornrachasima (Korat), Ms. Tippawan Kum-Upatum (23) from Panasnikom, Chonburi and Ms. Roongpetch Boonkan (17) from Naklua, Banglamung, Chonburi, visited Pattaya Police Station to report to the police that they had been robbed by a group of plain-clothed police officers.

Mr. Ekachai, who lives at Kahah Apartments in Tannon Thephrasit, together with the friends who accompanied him, reported to the police that on 12th March, at 11.30 pm, while he was opening his car door which was parking in the condo car park, five casually dressed men, led by Police Captain Ekrin Sikakul arrested him and put handcuffs on him, accusing him of being a drug dealer and took him to his room in Kahah Apartments.

In the room, the police started to search for drugs and threatened him and Ms. Tippawan,his friend, and also Ms. Roongpetch Boonkan, his girlfriend, to get them to admit that they were drug dealers. When they refused to admit to so being, the police started to slap, kick and assault him with an electric-shock device. The police then took his key and opened his personal drawer, taking his valuables which were in the drawer.

The list of his items that the police allegedly took away:

1. cash 70,000 Baht

2. a diamond ring

3. a Rolex watch

4. a gold chain

The police put all the property mentioned above into a black bag.

Mr. Ekachai said " After searching, they didn’t find anything illegal in my room, so the police just grabbed everything they could possibly lay their hands on, such as a games player, three VCD movies, 300 Baht in coins, 2,000 in twenty Baht bank notes, 2 mobile phones and even a basket of food supplement"

After that, the police took the three to Pattaya Police Station, Soi 9, on the third floor. They questioned the young people, filled in their names and details in the police records and also checked everyone’s urine and found Ms. Tippawan’s was positive (normally it will turn purple), but she claimed that she had been taking a lot of stress-release medicine and assured them that she had never taken any kind of drugs.

After the investigation and the tests, a police officer with long hair took Mr. Ekachai to a toilet on the third floor and took his diamond bracelet from his wrist. Then the police officer took him to a white car (he could not remember the number plate), sat him on the back seat,

" He put a black cover over my head and beat me with a hard stick, threatening me that I would be shot dead if I didn’t confess to being a drug dealer".Mr. Ekachai told the reporters.

Mr. Ekachai continued, in his report, that he could hardly breathe so he begged for his life. As a result, the police took him to Pattaya Memorial Hospital, where he had to stay for one night. The medical costs for Mr. Ekachai from the injuries were 1,900 Baht.

After having sufficiently recovered, Mr. Ekachai went to report to the press (names cannot be mentioned). He also added that he tried to ask for his items back from the police, but they just refused and denied having taken anything, either from his room, or from him.

After hearing the complaints from Mr.Ekachai, the reporters then went to interview Police Colonel Suthin Suppuang, the Superintendent at Pattaya Police Station, who then called Police Lieutenant Colonel Chonapat Nawaluk who is in charge of the Police Investigation Section to inform him of the complaints and assigned Police Lieutenant Colonel Chonapat Nawaluk to be responsible for the case.

Police Colonel Suthin Suppuang also questioned Police Captain Ekrin Sikakul, one of the accused officers. However, he too denied any involvement in the alleged robbery.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Chonapat Nawaluk will investigate this case closely and if the indictment is found to be true, the police officers responsible will be prosecuted. However, if he fails to get any satisfaction in the case, Mr. Ekachai and his friend have threatened to report the incident to a higher echelon police officer, namely, Police Lieutenant General Asawin, the Region 2 Police Commander.

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: March 23rd 2007

PATTAYA PLAIN-CLOTHED POLICE ACCUSED OF ROBBING COUPLE

On 22nd March, Mr. Ekachai Polglum(28) from the Dankoontod District of Nakornrachasima (Korat), Ms. Tippawan Kum-Upatum (23) from Panasnikom, Chonburi and Ms. Roongpetch Boonkan (17) from Naklua, Banglamung, Chonburi, visited Pattaya Police Station to report to the police that they had been robbed by a group of plain-clothed police officers.

Mr. Ekachai, who lives at Kahah Apartments in Tannon Thephrasit, together with the friends who accompanied him, reported to the police that on 12th March, at 11.30 pm, while he was opening his car door which was parking in the condo car park, five casually dressed men, led by Police Captain Ekrin Sikakul arrested him and put handcuffs on him, accusing him of being a drug dealer and took him to his room in Kahah Apartments.

In the room, the police started to search for drugs and threatened him and Ms. Tippawan,his friend, and also Ms. Roongpetch Boonkan, his girlfriend, to get them to admit that they were drug dealers. When they refused to admit to so being, the police started to slap, kick and assault him with an electric-shock device. The police then took his key and opened his personal drawer, taking his valuables which were in the drawer.

The list of his items that the police allegedly took away:

1. cash 70,000 Baht

2. a diamond ring

3. a Rolex watch

4. a gold chain

The police put all the property mentioned above into a black bag.

Mr. Ekachai said " After searching, they didn’t find anything illegal in my room, so the police just grabbed everything they could possibly lay their hands on, such as a games player, three VCD movies, 300 Baht in coins, 2,000 in twenty Baht bank notes, 2 mobile phones and even a basket of food supplement"

After that, the police took the three to Pattaya Police Station, Soi 9, on the third floor. They questioned the young people, filled in their names and details in the police records and also checked everyone’s urine and found Ms. Tippawan’s was positive (normally it will turn purple), but she claimed that she had been taking a lot of stress-release medicine and assured them that she had never taken any kind of drugs.

After the investigation and the tests, a police officer with long hair took Mr. Ekachai to a toilet on the third floor and took his diamond bracelet from his wrist. Then the police officer took him to a white car (he could not remember the number plate), sat him on the back seat,

" He put a black cover over my head and beat me with a hard stick, threatening me that I would be shot dead if I didn’t confess to being a drug dealer".Mr. Ekachai told the reporters.

Mr. Ekachai continued, in his report, that he could hardly breathe so he begged for his life. As a result, the police took him to Pattaya Memorial Hospital, where he had to stay for one night. The medical costs for Mr. Ekachai from the injuries were 1,900 Baht.

After having sufficiently recovered, Mr. Ekachai went to report to the press (names cannot be mentioned). He also added that he tried to ask for his items back from the police, but they just refused and denied having taken anything, either from his room, or from him.

After hearing the complaints from Mr.Ekachai, the reporters then went to interview Police Colonel Suthin Suppuang, the Superintendent at Pattaya Police Station, who then called Police Lieutenant Colonel Chonapat Nawaluk who is in charge of the Police Investigation Section to inform him of the complaints and assigned Police Lieutenant Colonel Chonapat Nawaluk to be responsible for the case.

Police Colonel Suthin Suppuang also questioned Police Captain Ekrin Sikakul, one of the accused officers. However, he too denied any involvement in the alleged robbery.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Chonapat Nawaluk will investigate this case closely and if the indictment is found to be true, the police officers responsible will be prosecuted. However, if he fails to get any satisfaction in the case, Mr. Ekachai and his friend have threatened to report the incident to a higher echelon police officer, namely, Police Lieutenant General Asawin, the Region 2 Police Commander.

Yet another case of BIB being corupt greedy shit hawks

Mr. Ekachai Polglum is a very brave man indeed to report this. At the end of the day though I doubt anything will happen to the BIB involved.

Having the police investigating bent police is like having Taxin ok'ing his own tax returns.