World’s oldest barbershop promises pampering at Anantara hotel, Bangkok

webfact

World’s oldest barbershop promises pampering at Anantara hotel

By The Nation

800_f31bb716209dcf4.jpg?v=1569902381

A Truefitt & Hill barbershop will offer high-end cuts and shaves at the Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, which enjoys an exclusive address on Rajadamri Road in the heart of Bangkok.

Established in 1805, Truefitt & Hill is the oldest surviving barbershop in the world, as certified by Guinness Book of World Records, and is recognised as the finest traditional gentlemen’s barber and perfumer in London. The company is famous for its close shaves, expert haircuts and attentive grooming, according to a Tuesday release.

ASIA_Truefitt%20&%20Hill%202.jpg

At Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, Truefitt & Hill offers all its celebrated grooming services, including the 45-minute “royal” hair cut, 20-minute beard trim and 30-minute head shave which uses a badger hair bristle brush to lift the hair for the closest possible shave.

Bangkok’s socialite gentlemen can delight in expert personal grooming sessions that include facial hair grooming, a 20-minute waxing of the ears, nose, eyebrows and cheeks, and a ear-cleaning done in the traditional Chinese-Thai style.

For a close shave, the 30-minute traditional hot towel wet shave uses pre-shave oil applied with a luxurious hot towel wrap, followed by a rich shaving cream and finished with a comfortable shave.

The 45-minute ultimate shaving experience offers all the pleasures of the traditional hot towel wet shave, along with a deep relaxing face massage.

Commenting on the opening of Truefitt & Hill at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, Daniel Simon, the hotel’s general manager, said that the values and service standards of the world’s oldest barbershop perfectly fit that of Anantara’s flagship Thai hotel to create intimate customer relationships. “We are delighted to welcome Truefitt & Hill to one of Bangkok’s most exclusive addresses and to offer our guests and patrons more world-class services”, Simon said.

Truefitt & Hill at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel is open every day, from 9am to 7pm. Visit the website for more information at siam-bangkok.anantara.com.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/lifestyle/30376927

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-01

OCCUPATIONS AND PROFESSIONS PROHIBITED FOR FOREIGN WORKERS

THE LIST APPENDED TO THE ROYAL DECREE IN B.E.2522

PRESCRIBING OCCUPATIONS AND PROFESSIONS PROHIBITED FOR FOREIGN WORKERS 

10. Haircutting, hairdressing or beauty treatment;

• Thanks 1

they are in emporium, central embassy etc since forever...

Good cut, never used any of the other serives... if they ask you if you want them to remove your nosehair, run away - they are sticking wax on oropax in your nose and you are in for a ride to hell.

11 hours ago, Oxx said:

The prices are surprisingly reasonable.

http://www.truefittandhillthailand.com/services/

I would say so as well.

I have "my" barber's shop which is a family business and has been around for generations. I have been going there for more than 10 years. Currently, the main man is Dave, and his brother and son are both partners.

I pay £35.00 (around ฿1500.00 baht) for a beard trim and haircut, and if I'm in the chair for less than an hour, I know he has done a "sloppy" job - not up to his normal standards.

There is nothing unique about high standards in hairdressing and male grooming, it's just a case of who you choose to do it.

I assume that the picture was not taken in Thailand. The wise men of the Kingdom have specified it very clearly, that - among other professions like ice carving and basket weaving - it also reserves hair dressing to Thais only so no Aliens here as well ............ 

Good luck; definitely a step towards the 19th century ???? 

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I assume that the picture was not taken in Thailand. The wise men of the Kingdom have specified it very clearly, that - among other professions like ice carving and basket weaving - it also reserves hair dressing to Thais only so no Aliens here as well ............ 

Good luck; definitely a step towards the 19th century ???? 

There are only thais working and as already said truefitt is in Thailand since forever, longer than i am...this is just advertisement for a new branch opening.

Interesting - are foreigners allowed to work as a barber and obtain a WP? Seems that way based on the pics. If not then that dude in the pic better watch his back when immigration comes knocking to deport him and fine him.

Edited by bbi1

22 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

There are only thais working and as already said truefitt is in Thailand since forever, longer than i am...this is just advertisement for a new branch opening.

It was meant as an ironic tongue-in-cheek comment rather than a professional assessment of the local employment market ............