NON-O visa (spouse) From London. Required documents.

I'm currently on a non-o based on marriage visa. A Friend of mine just told me the SETV AND METV seem to now require sponsor/employer or tax return letter from the London e visa application .I'm retired but too young for pension, just savings in the bank. Anyone applied for a non-imm. o (marriage) visa from London since the system was updated last week? Not sure how to get around this one.

If you are married to a Thai you can get a METV without employment info.

For visiting or staying with family resided in Thailand (less than 60 days)

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months beyond the date of depature from Thailand and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter from a third party
  • Personal details of a family in Thailand e.g. ID card, passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand 
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  • Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption
  • Proof of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

I was told of an update last week that has changed some of that information. Just want to know if the new financial requirement is for all visas or just tourist. Information on the London Embassy website doesn't seem to match or isn't updated with what is going on with the online system. Looking for the Non-o marriage visa. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Jimmy B

16 minutes ago, Jimmy B said:

I was told of an update last week that has changed some of that information. Just want to know if the new financial requirement is for all visas or just tourist. Information on the London Embassy website doesn't seem to match or isn't updated with what is going on with the online system. Looking for the Non-o marriage visa. Thanks for the info.

They will only issue Single Entry Non O visas now.

If you want Multiple entries you need to apply for a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa based on marriage.

Yep I am aware of this. But the requirements for visas changed recently. Wondering if anyone has made a single entry multi o (spouse) application since the system was updated recently. Apparently all visa types now require the same financial documents . If so I'm stuffed. Don't have an employer or self assessment info. Just a lot of savings. What do I upload?

3 minutes ago, Jimmy B said:

Yep I am aware of this. But the requirements for visas changed recently. Wondering if anyone has made a single entry multi o (spouse) application since the system was updated recently. Apparently all visa types now require the same financial documents . If so I'm stuffed. Don't have an employer or self assessment info. Just a lot of savings. What do I upload?

There is no mention of employment info for a family application.

Non-Immigrant Type (Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days) - single entry only)

• Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption
  • Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

If the system requires something to be uploaded then I would simple upload a letter confirming you don't work.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They added these duplicate requirements to all visa applications recently.

image.png.78a42dcfaa542591da9b16270857859e.png

Posted here.

Yeh this is where i had problems, i just put my letter from my employer in twice, to proceed,  i dont have self assessment & im not retired or claiming a pension, so i just included one of my pension statements in with my passport & hope for the best, if im rejected then it will be the first time in 16 years......theres a first time for everything.....