LPG cooking in condominium

last week at the agm the committee banned cooking in my building in phitsanulok using LPG bottles 

the rule has been written on the board in the lobby for a long time

after a recent small fire inside one of the rooms in the  building from LPG

i am now informed i can not cook with gas in the rear of my shop on the ground floor outside in a well ventilated area to sell hot food to the residents of the condominum as i have done for 5 years i have a permit from government to sell hot food a fire extinguisher a fire blanket and my cooking equiptment is inspected by authorised people 

i have been given 7 days to stop  can this be overturned and by who 

I don't know in your special case of a shop at ground floor, :ermm:

but gas bottles are forbidden by law in all condominiums for years already.

Decision of the committee seems logic & legit to me, even if sad for you. :sad:

Maybe try to find and contact similar shop owners in other condos for information?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'v been using the bottles for years in condos, sneaking in a picnic bottle sometimes if necessary (the Mrs. loved it). We split up a year ago and I bought a condo that had an "induction" cooker...my God...it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Moved again recently...threw out the cooker and bought another induction...they are "Brill".

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I'v been using the bottles for years in condos, sneaking in a picnic bottle sometimes if necessary (the Mrs. loved it). We split up a year ago and I bought a condo that had an "induction" cooker...my God...it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Moved again recently...threw out the cooker and bought another induction...they are "Brill".

What brand/ model do you recommend and how are they for using Aluminium non stick pots? 

1 minute ago, Tracyb said:

Induction cook tops will not work with aluminum cookware of any kind.

You can buy a flat plate think it’s stainless steel from Lazada which goes sits between the induction hotplate and the aluminium pan, never used one so idea if any good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

are you cooking on the balcony or does your unit have an exhaust fan you cook below?

8 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Maybe try to find and contact similar shop owners in other condos for information?

the thing is we are not cooking in the building we are on ground level at the rear we have a back door to an open area

16 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please quote the law that bans gas tanks in condos. Its not in the Condo Act. Its not in my Condo's Bylaws. I agree they should be banned for safety reasons, but have never seen a law that mandates such.