Horse Racing In Bangkok

eric1000

i was wondering how often they have horse races at the 2 stadiums in BKK .

Do farangs have to pay more than thais to enter ?

evening races ?

How about on course betting , no doubt the horses are doped and the jockeys are bribed to hold back .....

and vice versa ... :o

It was a nice day out. I think it was on a saturday. Ice cold brew. Can't remember if it was 50 B to get in or 100. Do not expect to get much return on a bet. For a place or show you will be lucky to get 40 Baht for a 200 baht bet sometimes only get your money back. I bet 400B on a horse that won, odds of around 8-1 I think I made 120Baht so however they do the odds was not the same as in the west.

I thought I done ok getting 3 winners none favorites. They have english race forms matter fact you can buy them in advance at book store but do not remember which one. Look in the newspaper I think it was in BKK News not the post. Been about 3 or 4 years since I went. I think most there were bookies and had 2 phones going most of the time. Still it was enjoyable.

I think the beers where 35 or 40baht each kept in large tub of ice :o

Races take place on alternate Sundays at the RBSC track on Henri Dunant and at the Turf Club in Nang Lerng - unless the Sunday is a pubic holiday or Wan Pra in which case the races are moved to the Saturday.

The Card starts at 12.00 noon - there are no evening races.

All betting is on the Tote system - although there are a lot of illegal bookmekers around who will make their own book.

Although Form Guides are readily available they do not count for much since everything is run by a group of insiders who somehow know what horse will place where!

Actually by International Standards they are Ponies - not Horses.

Races take place on alternate Sundays at the RBSC track on Henri Dunant and at the Turf Club in Nang Lerng - unless the Sunday is a pubic holiday or Wan Pra in which case the races are moved to the Saturday.

All betting is on the Tote system - although there are a lot of illegal bookmekers around who will make their own book.

Although Form Guides are readily available they do not count for much since everything is run by a group of insiders who somehow know what horse will place where!

a PUBIC holiday ?? :o

a PUBIC holiday ?? :D

Whoops!! :D

The first guy who designs a Spellchecker that does context is going to make a fortune! :o