papa to ride from Patagonia to Alaska on RE-H...

papa al

22 minutes ago, papa al said:

How did you get through the Panamanian jungle?

I didnt do it, Im not ridign motorcyles LOL. Its just that I have seen those folks doing it, endlessly, and their videos. I even equipped a few.

I followed her 'Itchy Boots' Youtube adventure as she crossed India and Asia (including Thailand where she had her Enfield modified) - an impressive adventurer and knowledgeable biker too. 

Her YouTube channel is the best long term review of the Himalayan ever, and she found some interesting issues with head-stock bearings, clutch, luggage rack and drive chains that most casual riders would never notice.  But overall she was impressed with the Enfield, and after a 36,000 mike trip with long off-road sections she should know.

Now she's using the same bike for the Americas..

I'm considering getting a Himalayan (the ABS version is due in Thailand at end of this year) based largely on her experience.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I followed her 'Itchy Boots' Youtube adventure as she crossed India and Asia (including Thailand where she had her Enfield modified) - an impressive adventurer and knowledgeable biker too. 

Her YouTube channel is the best long term review of the Himalayan ever, and she found some interesting issues with head-stock bearings, clutch, luggage rack and drive chains that most casual riders would never notice.  But overall she was impressed with the Enfield, and after a 36,000 mike trip with long off-road sections she should know.

Now she's using the same bike for the Americas..

I'm considering getting a Himalayan (the ABS version is due in Thailand at end of this year) based largely on her experience.

Coupla niggly points, don't want to be pedantic....

# the clutch plates failing was her own fault through raising her handlebars and thus the stock clutch cable being too short.

# luggage racks breaking when over loaded is a common occurrence.

# 36,000 was kms not miles.

# She is using the same model bike, but it is a brand new Himalayan, the old "Basanti" was bought by her local Enfield dealer, and not Enfield Holland or the company itself, which i think is pretty damn poor, considering the free advertising the girl has given the company.

# I thought the Enfields here were already ABS?

# There is a flat track race series in the States just starting, sole entries are the Himalayan, sponsored by S&S (HD tuning company and exhaust manufacturer).

Bikes look great....

20143577-9562-46-B1-B326-83-A337-CFE092.jpg.d06038761eed3b8a7820d5673c4938d0.jpg

• Like 1