1-year extension at CW - fast and painless

This morning I went to CW Bangkok and got my queue number at 8:45am for L section and got my passport, with my 1-year extension, returned to me at 10am. A little over an hour on a Monday yet. A big improvement over last year. I used the 800k banked money method. The only document difference from last year was the TM30.

Regarding the TM30 - I returned from the US recently. My landlord went to CW to file a TM30 for me. She sent me a photo of the receipt. I printed out the photo and submitted that with my documents. They accepted that.

They also took my bank passbook presumably to verify that I maintained the correct balances throughout the year. I finished so early I decided to get a multiple-retry stamp. I finished that at 11:30am. CW - nothing to complain about.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I went to CW Bangkok and got my queue number at 8:45am

How was the traffic getting there at that time of day? I found it horrendous about 3 weeks ago and took 1 hour getting along CW road to get there.

My retirement extension was also fast, they held my passport for less than 20 minutes but there were about 90% of applicants applying for extensions as married type which seem to slow the retirees up? I wonder why they cannot separate marriage and retirement?

19 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

How was the traffic getting there at that time of day? I found it horrendous about 3 weeks ago and took 1 hour getting along CW road to get there.

My retirement extension was also fast, they held my passport for less than 20 minutes but there were about 90% of applicants applying for extensions as married type which seem to slow the retirees up? I wonder why they cannot separate marriage and retirement?

I left Phrakhanong at 7am on the BTS. The train was not at all crowded all the way to Mo Chit. I then took a motorbike taxi to CW. Also not much traffic but then, of course, I didn't have to worry about that on a motorbike. I typically takes me about an hour to get to CW with this route. On the way back I took a real taxi and we we drove the toll highway and had little traffic at 12:30pm. Can't complain about the traffic today either.

I got to CW at 8am. This allowed me time to go to the bank, make a withdrawal, and update my passbook. Still I had to wait for 30 minutes for the doors to open. Basically, I got here earlier than expected. I usually try to arrive closer to 8:30am.

Edited by Martyp

1 hour ago, Martyp said:

I left Phrakhanong at 7am on the BTS.

Ok, good. I also travel from Phrakhanong, on BTS and then MRT to TaoPoon, then the 66 bus to the front door of IO. Takes a bit longer than you, but I don't want to use motorbikes. Still I was complete before the mid day lunch break.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Ok, good. I also travel from Phrakhanong, on BTS and then MRT to TaoPoon, then the 66 bus to the front door of IO. Takes a bit longer than you, but I don't want to use motorbikes. Still I was complete before the mid day lunch break.

interesting...  so, you took the MRT to taopoon.  and then 66 bus to front door to IO.  for the last decade, I've been taking the MRT to mo chit, then, 152 bus to IO.  maybe I'll take your route next time in nov. to compare.

• Like 1

Last year I arrive same time all forms etc already done. Except for bank letter. Walked in got my L # went to bank for letter and deposit to show activity. 

Got out of the joint 4.30

I'm actually going tomorrow. Had planned arriving just prior to lunch given last several yrs experience.

Back to OP. For benefit of many. Can you list exactly what doc you provided for extension. Thankyou

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Last year I arrive same time all forms etc already done. Except for bank letter. Walked in got my L # went to bank for letter and deposit to show activity. 

Got out of the joint 4.30

I'm actually going tomorrow. Had planned arriving just prior to lunch given last several yrs experience.

Back to OP. For benefit of many. Can you list exactly what doc you provided for extension. Thankyou

TM7

Copy of important passport pages

Bank letter

3 months of bank statements

Copy of updated passbook - I withdrew 1000 baht and updated passbook when I got there

Hand drawn map of the location of my condo

TM30

bank passbook

passport

1,900 baht

These are all the documents the IO took from me plus there are 3 documents that they will give you to sign

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Martyp said:

TM7

Copy of important passport pages

Bank letter

3 months of bank statements

Copy of updated passbook - I withdrew 1000 baht and updated passbook when I got there

Hand drawn map of the location of my condo

TM30

bank passbook

passport

1,900 baht

These are all the documents the IO took from me plus there are 3 documents that they will give you to sign

Thanks. Pretty much what I did last yr. Only difference this yr is I provide 2 new bank bankbooks. One is FD account 600k. And other savings 200+ a/c. Not sure update for FD account and activity. Both accounts kk bank. 

I will report experience tomorrow.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Just to tack onto this thread my experience today CW. Not in any way contradicting that OP experience just relating my trip. So I left condo (phra ram 9) at 10am. Took MRT to jay jay. Then bus 52 to imm complex 11.40. Had all my docs. Walked in got ticket 120. Looked inside and ticket was up to 93.

Went to bank. Got 2 letters as 2 a/c FD and Savings. BTW the min deposit FD was 1000bht. Lunch break. Back in 1pm. Number 95 to get to me (120) about 45min. Then wait pp return about another 30+ mins then outta there. 

Point I would make is after lunch I sat next to oz guy that had arrived 7am. He was seen before lunch but the passport was not returned. He had to wait as long as I did. His name was called and mine 30 seconds later. Home 3.40pm

As for the tm30. I had never done one before but exit Thai every few weeks. I asked my condo to file on recently on return from Saigon. They gave me a record of that and was last doc in my bundle.

I had expected imm officer to ask for that first first. Anyway she just started ticking off my back letters etc. When got to the tm30 just passed it back? 

Edited by DrJack54

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can someone give advice on this.,..so I have the new extension also currently have reentry permit till 8/11/2019. I fly out next Friday. Can I get a new reentry permit Friday (I use the airport to obtain) 

Yes you can since your current one is no longer valid due to you having a new permit to stay date.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

It is the queueing which takes the time not getting the paperwork. I extend in January, cooler weather but longer queues. 

Yes. Last year I waited 3 hours before seeing the IO and then got caught with the lunch hour. I was expecting longer lines on a Monday but I got lucky.