How to stop condo owners from renting by the day?

beachump

It seems in real life you can do very little about this.

We have the same problem in our condominium. Multiple owners complained internally. There are even big signs that it's illegal.

But it still happens.

And it seems the reason (in our case) is that the biggest owner of our condominium just does not care. I think he is the director of the committee, or a position like that. He should be the one who complains to the police (or whoever is responsible for those complaints). 

It seems if part owners in the condominium would complain then nothing would be done because they are not allowed to officially complain in the name of the condominium. At least that is the way I understand it.

If anybody knows a way how to get rid of this problem I also would like to hear it.

This is Thailand. 

There is no rule of law here. 

It's likely that most owners are not residents in the building and rather purchased the units as investment. 

If so, they have no incentive to follow the law and disallow Air BnB style rentals. 

If it is not tolerable, I would recommend moving. 

Any attempt to resolve the situation using rules and laws will get you in more discomfort and will be time wasted.