Britain set for December 12 election to break the Brexit deadlock

webfact

19 minutes ago, elliss said:

Hopefully ,   there will be leadership challenges , from both  labour and tory parties , asap.

Any  names , expected in the near future .  Rudd and Kier ?. 

Rudd won't be an MP, so that may make it a tad difficult for her.

Keir Starmer certainly seems to be the annointed one! Seems a pretty straight sort of guy, ex lawyer too - wait, Labour had a leader who was both of those...

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

You guys are <deleted>. I admit they took my country too, long ago. But I had hoped for some more spunk in the Brits.

These colours don,t run,we,'ll fight them on the beaches ,we,'ll fight them on the terraces.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

EU is only scared of an independent, strong UK. EU is used to bog you down. Read below. Merkel fears an independent UK. She compares UK to US and China.

They already screwed my country over, don't come later and say I didn't warn you.

Speaking after a dinner with Emmanuel Macron, she called for closer commercial cooperation between Paris and Berlin in response.

She said France and Germany must work together more on trade, environmental standards and artificial intelligence to protect their interests.

Mrs Merkel said: “We will do all this in the knowledge that with the departure of Britain, a potential competitor will of course emerge for us.

That is to say, in addition to China and the US, there will be Britain as well.”

Her remarks come amid growing unease in Brussels about Boris Johnson’s insistence that the UK will break free from EU rules after Brexit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/10136122/angela-merkel-fears-post-brexit-britain/

No one even dares comment on this post. Merkel says they will use the deal to bring UK competitive edge down. Barnier says the same.

Your MP:s are bought to bring your country down. An independent UK would be too strong for EU to handle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't make me laugh. True Brits want to stand and fight for our rightful place in the EU. 

Look we had a referendum you lost,how many more times? It's just getting boring now,true brits? What like people who quote bnp mantras like these colours don,t run?

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

No one even dares comment on this post. Merkel says they will use the deal to bring UK competitive edge down. Barnier says the same.

Your MP:s are bought to bring your country down. An independent UK would be too strong for EU to handle.

All the more reason to get out without a deal then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

Look we had a referendum you lost,how many more times? It's just getting boring now,true brits? What like people who quote non mantras like these colours don,t run?

Sadly we will probably end up leaving but in the meantime annoying leavers has to be a priority of us bad-loser <deleted>. ps I was going to retire off the Brexit threads but the election has given me more life. 

• Like 2

EU top Godfather, I mean Brexit negotiator Barnier is scared of an independent UK as a "robust competitor"

His and Boris' deal will bring you back to the rest of us in the EU swamp. I had hoped you would break free but no one breaks free from the mob.

Welcome back to carbon dioxide tax country. Greta will set the rates.

In meetings with diplomats in recent weeks, Barnier has repeatedly raised the danger of the U.K. emerging as a robust competitor on Europe's doorstep — a sentiment echoed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-brexit-deal-explained-2/

Edited by thailandsgreat

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Sadly we will probably end up leaving but in the meantime annoying leavers has to be a priority of us bad-loser <deleted>. ps I was going to retire off the Brexit threads but the election has given me more life. 

Blimey I'm not even able to call myself a remoan** now !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

EU top Godfather, I mean Brexit negotiator Barnier is scared of an independent UK as a "robust competitor"

His and Boris' deal will bring you back to the rest of us in the EU swamp. I had hoped you would break free but no one breaks free from the mob.

In meetings with diplomats in recent weeks, Barnier has repeatedly raised the danger of the U.K. emerging as a robust competitor on Europe's doorstep — a sentiment echoed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-brexit-deal-explained-2/

Don,t the above comments make even the most misguided remaine r realise that's why the people voted to leave?

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

We,'re still full members but are in the process of  leaving,all joking aside I would seek advice on your short term memory loss.

Is that the same process that had us leaving on 29th March? Or was that the process that had us leaving tomorrow? Or the process that has us leaving on 31st January? Good luck with that. You don't have a very good track record do you?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't you mean that's why the misguided people voted to leave?

Misguided people?don,t you mean people who have had enough of 42 Years of eu bully boy tactics.it's never to late to leave an abusive relationship.

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Is that the same process that had us leaving on 29th March? Or was that the process that had us leaving tomorrow? Or the process that has us leaving on 31st January? Good luck with that. You don't have a very good track record do you?

Me? I,m not prime minister.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thailandsgreat said:

Solid evidence that Boris' deal is a masked full membership:

The days around when the deal was struck, EU main supporting rag The Guardian started publishing nice pictures of Boris, smiling, looking super. They never do that otherwise.

A laughing emoticon would help me to understand if you are being serious or not! ????????

1 minute ago, thailandsgreat said:

Solid evidence that Boris' deal is a masked full membership:

The days around when the deal was struck, EU main supporting rag The Guardian started publishing nice pictures of Boris, smiling, looking super. They never do that otherwise.

Johnson's deal is a masked no deal Brexit. If he doesn't complete trade negotiations by the end of next year, it's WTO rules. What's the betting he won't complete?

• Like 1

The people here to pity are the irish,they are in for one hell of a time under Boris.   Their main export into UK is finished,Boris will see to that,exports from Australia/NZ are targeting them

Feels good to be going,really it does,all the jaw-jawing throughout the months(mainly irish) all for naught,but they are world famous for that,little wonder the English regard them as thick as pigs.hit