Have TAT miss something

When reading TV about TAT and number of tourists according to how many they are and how much they spend. They for the last year(s) always have said that Chinese and Indian are the "best"  tourists and they give them extra favours. I have always doubt about those numbers that goes up and down nearly daily. I have also thought about where is expats in all this? Are we recognised as tourists or what? For certain the IO always try to make life harder for us.

Today I find an interesing article on internet, https://www.thethailandlife.com/how-to-send-money-to-thailand-no-bank-fees.  what does it says about transfering money to Thailand and where from does those come adn who do it? Well for sure they are not from any Asian country. "In 2018, $1,859,000,000 in remittances was sent from the US to Thailand. The total worldwide is over 5 Billion USD. Other top sending countries were Germany, Australia, UK, and Sweden. 

You can bet your bottom dollar a huge amount of that can be attributed to expats funding their Thai bank accounts, and of course sending money to Thai partners".

With this in mind my suggest to TAT and IO is to try to treat western expats a little better.

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thats nothing in the big picture. If it all stopped overnight what would happen? ..absolutely nothing ,wouldn't even be noticed

Like in ,nothing affects Teflon Thailand.

regards worgeordie

Archived