data sim card - 6 months

thecolonel

Coming to Thai next week for 6 months. Last trip someone local got me (on Lazada) a 6 month pre paid data sim with a separate number(Tru) for 300 baht plus tax, data limit was 300 gb (200 + 100 Youtube,FB/Line TV) and the speed was 1mbps which was ok for me . no extra charges and calls to other Tru users were free. I just cant make sense of the Lazada website *at all* and i want to give a link to a friend to buy for me so its there when i get there next week . Can anyone see the most appropriate and cheapest for what i want as per last year? my phone number is with Tru but i guess as its a seperate card(dual sim phone ) i could use any network for the data. to get me thru 1st week i was maybe going to do tru code but they are expensive versus the longer terms deals(*900*1973#1 is  107 baht for a week 1mbps- anything better?).

Calls- I tended to do a calls package seperately(90baht for 200 mins) but maybe theres a good deal out there for data and calls too(although i dont need that many mins per month) thanks all .

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, stament said:

Saw this offer and thought it would be on for my son's smart watch.

You thought it worth bumping a year old thread for that?!

You have been shown the excellent option of unlimited 10 Mbps for a year for 1350(so 675 baht for six months), but instead you are floundering around considering whether 600 baht for 7.5GB at 1 Mbps is a good choice.

675 baht for unlimited data at 10 Mbps or 600 baht for 7.5 GB limited to 1 Mbps? Seriously?

Why start a thread asking for advice and then totally ignore it? 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

You thought it worth bumping a year old thread for that?!

You have been shown the excellent option of unlimited 10 Mbps for a year for 1350(so 675 baht for six months), but instead you are floundering around considering whether 600 baht for 7.5GB at 1 Mbps is a good choice.

675 baht for unlimited data at 10 Mbps or 600 baht for 7.5 GB limited to 1 Mbps? Seriously?

Why start a thread asking for advice and then totally ignore it? 

Nope, but has to be AIS since that's the only operator with a signal in our village and hence this seems a good option. 

I didn't realise there was anything wrong with commenting on what someone said on an old thread either.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 9:46 AM, stament said:

Nope, but has to be AIS since that's the only operator with a signal in our village and hence this seems a good option. 

I didn't realise there was anything wrong with commenting on what someone said on an old thread either.

Bumping old threads with no new info often gets them closed. The link that you have quoted no longer works, so the offer is no longer available. Out-of-date.

It wasn't specified in your original thread that it had to be AIS; it's only now you tell us. Not a problem, as you just found out.

I find it hard to believe that the issue is price after you have spent money on an Apple Watch. They aren't really built for cellular usage anyway, since it taxes the battery. So there is a good chance that the SIM may eventually find another use. Don't just go for the cheapest option in order to save perhaps 300 baht over a year and then end up with a SIM that is virtually useless. 100 GB @ 10 Mbps can be used for streaming and downloading if the case demands it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Bumping old threads with no new info often gets them closed. The link that you have quoted no longer works, so the offer is no longer available. Out-of-date.

It wasn't specified in your original thread that it had to be AIS; it's only now you tell us. Not a problem, as you just found out.

I find it hard to believe that the issue is price after you have spent money on an Apple Watch. They aren't really built for cellular usage anyway, since it taxes the battery. So there is a good chance that the SIM may eventually find another use. Don't just go for the cheapest option in order to save perhaps 300 baht over a year and then end up with a SIM that is virtually useless. 100 GB @ 10 Mbps can be used for streaming and downloading if the case demands it.

Thanks for sharing and I would be inclined to agree but in this case one of the SIMS is for my 4 year old an I can assure you it isn't an Apple watch. It's a cheap smart watch as I suspect the novelty will run out within a month. The other SIM is for my older son, see how he and the watch goes. He's normally around WiFi so think a lower data SIM should suffice with the free AIS calling (no video calling on the phone) to his brother and mum!

You make good points though but in my case I will go for the 6 month lower data SIM.and if needed will get the higher data one. I really don't see them using a lot of data TBH.