Washing Machine Part Name Identification

Konini

My washing machine was put outside and I didn't realise it was getting the sun for a few months, so I bought a cover for it.  Fast forward almost a year and the thing I can't find the name for has cracked.  I think the name is the control panel, but it's actually just the plastic sheet with the writing on - it still works perfectly, but I'd like to get a replacement for it if it's possible.  Not so possible when I don't know the name of the thing I need to replace.

Can anyone help me?  Photo of the injured item below.

WashingMachine.jpg

Hello ,

It's simple,
take a picture of the board and show to all the stores that sell home appliances.
There will be someone who will guide you.
That's what I do when I want a thing or a product.
I photograph from every angle.
And it's effective.

De

1 hour ago, Lamkyong said:

google  Toshiba user manual maybe get lucky as for decal no chance me thinks but a picture enough ??

Decal sounds good - I have the user manual which has no info and found a service manual online for a very similar model.  All of the spare parts are listed in the service manual, but unfortunately nothing with decal on it.  I could post the relevent pages of it if seeing it would jog someone's memory.

I was in touch with Toshiba when buying a new fridge, they were worse than useless; each very straight forward question I asked was not answered, I got some very odd reply's from them in relation to specific questions.  For that reason, I'm exploring other ways to find out if it's possible to get a replacement without contacting them first.

By a picture I'm assuming you mean making a printed copy of one and putting it under the clear plastic cover? That's actually a brilliant idea which I hadn't thought of.  It will make a very good substitute if I can't get one anywhere else - thank you!

14 minutes ago, sirocco said:

Hello ,

It's simple,
take a picture of the board and show to all the stores that sell home appliances.
There will be someone who will guide you.
That's what I do when I want a thing or a product.
I photograph from every angle.
And it's effective.

Thank you - I've been pretty unlucky with trying to get parts for our water cooler and a fan using photo's on my phone, but I think it might be the best idea.

7 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Konini....Type this into Google.  Washing Machine AW-B1100GT

Been there, done that.  I have the user manual and now I've found the service manual for the correct model.  Without knowing the name of the 'thing with writing on it' I'm a bit stuck and Google isn't being my friend on it.

The closest thing I can see in the spare parts list is 'Sheet Poly' - it is some kind of plastic or polymer and is listed in the section with things like Carton Box, User Manual and Rubber Leg, so it's looking like it may be the thing.  I have the part number but Google doesn't like it.  Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and ask the rather dim people at Toshiba. 

Could anyone confirm that the 'thing with writing on it' is called a Sheet Poly or Poly Sheet?

no, not "the poly sheet"
ideas on AMAZON, heading: transparent film sticker.
You must have craft stores in or around your city,
where we buy brushes, painting on glass, silk, supports, finally all that is "little DIY" and recreation.
Well, if you find "everything done" it's even better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Konini said:

By a picture I'm assuming you mean making a printed copy of one and putting it under the clear plastic cover? That's actually a brilliant idea which I hadn't thought of.  It will make a very good substitute if I can't get one anywhere else - thank you!

If you do that be careful as laser printer toner will transfer to plastic that it is pressed under. It will do this faster the higher the temperature but the plasticisers will make this happen even in cold areas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

I think they are called Washing Machine masks....or Plastic key pads.......This photo is an example .

Thanks, that gives me something to go on.  This seems to be it exactly, but I only need the plastic part with the writing on.  Hopefully I will find it, otherwise it's going to be a bit of DIY.