TAT launches Amazing Thailand Grand Sale Passport Privileges to boost spending by foreign tourists

rooster59

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Cheap European prices?

I checked the site.  An iPhone 11 is more expensive than it is in Thailand.  And then if you are a tourist in Thailand you can reclaim 7% on top.  I checked for Teefal products but they don't have any.  

I did another random search for a Body Shop gift set - 70 baht cheaper in Changi than in Thailand (but your 7% saving would recoup that).  Hardly worth flying over for.

You checked <deleted>. 

Apple prices are equally a rip off all over the world. 

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

You checked <deleted>. 

Apple prices are equally a rip off all over the world. 

Ok I didn't check the prices on an iPhone 11, and I didn't check the prices of a Body Shop gift set.  I didn't see that the iPhone was more expensive or that the Body Shop set had a 70 baht price difference.  

I just made the whole thing up, well done for calling me out.

13 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Cheap European prices?

I checked the site.  An iPhone 11 is more expensive than it is in Thailand.  And then if you are a tourist in Thailand you can reclaim 7% on top.  I checked for Teefal products but they don't have any.  

I did another random search for a Body Shop gift set - 70 baht cheaper in Changi than in Thailand (but your 7% saving would recoup that).  Hardly worth flying over for.

https://www.ishopchangi.com/productsearch/product-search?q=iphone&hPP=30&idx=ishopchangi_v2_pricedesc&p=0&nR[Price][<%3D][0]=10000&nR[Price][>%3D][0]=1

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/smartphones/apple/iphone-11-pro-max-512gb-space-grey-mwhn2th-a-p047112/

In singapore this iphone pro is 48600 baht...in thailand  52900.....so well boomer, there you go again! Reading isn't your strongest point it seems...take another gin.

On 11/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, djayz said:

When I walk around some stores, I see a lot of shops with the exact same "SALE" sign up all year long

70% At every shop and no one in there, because it’s one damn shirk, on sale not the whole store, fashion from 2 years ago

18 hours ago, fruitman said:

https://www.ishopchangi.com/productsearch/product-search?q=iphone&hPP=30&idx=ishopchangi_v2_pricedesc&p=0&nR[Price][<%3D][0]=10000&nR[Price][>%3D][0]=1

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/smartphones/apple/iphone-11-pro-max-512gb-space-grey-mwhn2th-a-p047112/

In singapore this iphone pro is 48600 baht...in thailand  52900.....so well boomer, there you go again! Reading isn't your strongest point it seems...take another gin.

Ok, well you've even pushed me on another thread to come to this so it obviously means a lot to you.

Yes, you have linked to a phone that is cheaper.  I also checked and the one I saw was slightly cheaper in Thailand.  I also said I checked another product and it was a bit cheaper in Changi, but nothing worth getting excited about.

So there you go, glad I came back to point out that things are a bit cheaper there, but not always - fascinating.

And what is your obsession with gin?  And where do you want me to take it?

13 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, you have linked to a phone that is cheaper.  I also checked and the one I saw was slightly cheaper in Thailand.  I also said I checked another product and it was a bit cheaper in Changi, but nothing worth getting excited about.

Show me anything that's cheaper in Thailand than in the taxfree shop Changi aka ishopchangi.com....and don't come with 70 baht items but at least 7000 baht.

I guess you drink too much gin and that's why you spout so much nonsense.

Nothing to get excited about? The speakers i'm willing to buy save me 50.000 baht in Changi....and i went to Paragon to buy them but they couldn't even speak english in their hi-end audio shops! I had 100k cash in my pocket but went home empty handed, no speakers.

Edited by fruitman
  • Sad 1

Just now, fruitman said:

Show me anything that's cheaper in Thailand than in the taxfree shop Changi aka ishopchangi.com....and don't come with 70 baht items but at least 7000 baht.

I guess you drink too much gin and that's why you spout so much nonsense.

Gin again? Seriously, what is this gin thing all about? You need to let it go. 

I already did some comparisons and posted my results and they were quite boring, I'm not about to do it again. 

And maybe you need to check your comprehension - I said the price difference was around 70 baht, not the price of the item. 

Yawn.

• Confused 1