trading derivative Warrants on the Thai stock exchange

kingstonkid

25 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I guess you have some experience with these instruments? I’ll be impressed if many TV members can assist.

LOL I thought i would take a shot.  If nothing then Friday I will go see a brokerage to see what I can do

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

LOL I thought i would take a shot.  If nothing then Friday I will go see a brokerage to see what I can do

I’d be interested in knowing what brokers are available to foreigners. Also, if you transfer money into Thailand how easy is it to transfer it out?

No firsthand experience with warrants on SET.  But my suspicion is that they are probably very thinly trading, meaning wide bid/ask spread and poor trade execution.  Also, I doubt if the zero commission concept has come to Thailand like the U.S.

My personal preference is options trading on U.S. market.  Fairly easy for someone outside of U.S. to open account with Interactive Brokers or TD Ameritrade.  Good platform, transaction costs are very minimal.

It's good to dream, but.....

Only sensible to consider doing if you have THB in country already or are earning in Baht, otherwise the ex.rate dog could give you a nasty bite.

Also, caution, brokerage fees here are much higher than what you are used to elsewhere.

Also also, oversight in Thailand is minimal, buyer beware.

Also also also, can you read and speak Thai fluently, if you cannot don't even start to think about it, unless you;re happy to pay high legal fees.