Diagnostic ultrasound prices at hospitals around Pattaya

sonjai

I needed to have a diagnostic ultrasound  (DU) of my arm done. So I emailed private hospitals around Pattaya inquiring about their prices. Here they are (in baht):

Bangkok Pattaya: 3000
Pattaya Memorial: 3300
Pattaya International (PIH): 2600
Phyathai (Sri Racha): 3000
Samitivej (Sri Racha): could not quote without an initial consultation

I eventually went to PIH for it. They could not do DU without a consultation and a referral. So I saw a general doctor in the morning hoping to get DU done right away. It turned out the sonographer was not available until 5PM.  The reception nurse then said it would cost B3000. I pointed out that I had got an email quote from them that was B2600. After some hesitation the nurse agreed on B2600 (one needs to bargain for everything in Thailand). I was also told that the procedure could still be done right away but for a price of B3500! I politely declined.
I came back to the hospital at 5 but had to wait for 40 min before a sonographer could attend to me. The sonographer was a young woman who spoke good English.
After the DU I asked for a copy of the report and paid B300 for an opitonal CD with the images. The general doctor's consultation was B600.

Red Cross hospital  Sri Racha  700 baht

Really good,came back from India after prostate operation,needed some after-care. Doctor really good,asked if I spoke English  Mmm,   took his time confirmed Indian hospital had reduced prostate to size they stated,  but you will have problem with language there

On 11/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, izod10 said:

Red Cross hospital  Sri Racha  700 baht

I was thinking about trying that hospital too. I went there once, many years ago, just to see how it looks inside. I remember that finding a parking spot near it was almost impossible.
Does it take long to see a doctor there? Many write that it can be very time consuming visiting public hospitals. 
Is there a sort of express service available for an extra fee?
Are the waiting areas air-conditioned?

11 minutes ago, sonjai said:

Many write that it can be very time consuming visiting public hospitals. 

Usually takes me from 8am to 1pm to do the whole government hospital visit (every 3 months for me).

There's plenty of stages to pass through.

1. Appointment nurse for ticket number, 2. Weight/temp/BP/pulse station, 3. Nurse interview, 4. Doctor 5. Nurse for next appointment letter, 6. Bay bill, 7. Collect medications. (3, 4 and 7 usually speak English) 

But they only charge me 50bht for services + pills at 1bht each (total bill 280bht including 230 pills).

Last Monday was very fast, in at 8am, out with my bag of pills at 10:30am.

I'm retired, I have nothing better to do, can read my book and listen to music on headphones.

The gf goes with me to interpret any Thai I don't understand.

For the sake of 300 or 400 Baht I wouldn't worry about it, I usually spend more than that in Starbucks while I'm waiting in these places!

A few years ago I needed a bone density x-ray scan done, and saved over 5000 Baht by going up to Samitivej in Sri Racha rather than having it done in Pattaya, so it is worth looking around for more expensive procedures.

Archived