Magnesium sulphate (Epsom salts) in sw pools

notrub

I have been looking into adding magnesium sulphate to my small pool (4x8x1,5).  I have a salt chlorinator, cartridge filter and use muriactic acid in the pool water (to lower ph and keep it clean).  It is all working pretty well but I am a big fan of magnesium sulphate and would like to put it into my pool.  What I have found on the net is not too clear and wonder about the following.

Can I just add magnesium sulphate to my existing pool setup?

If yes, how much?

The sites I have seen suggest draining the pool and refer to 'big pools, small pools' and 'bags' and 'gallons' (but not how many).  Also not draining the pool.  They do not instil confidence.  If I didn't already really want to add MS I would just forget about it.

(Magnesium sulphate is a very useful chemical with many uses not the least of which is drawing out splinters and sea urchin spines from you feet.) 

Any comments please?  Thanks in advance.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:33 PM, Bagwain said:

Forget it with swimming pools!

I had & was involved with float tanks for yrs & it is great for them!

If anything go to pink Himalayan salts!

Cheers  

Thanks for your thoughts, although it is disappointing not to be able to soak up all that magnesium whilst taking a dip in the pool.  I looked up the float tank and it is a bit exotic for us here in the wilds of Isaan.   I was pretty happy to find the bog standard white version of Epsom salts at our local(ish) shop.  Never heard of the pink version.  What is that please?  Take care and Merry Christmas too (if you celebrate it -I don't anymore).

1 hour ago, notrub said:

Thanks for your thoughts, although it is disappointing not to be able to soak up all that magnesium whilst taking a dip in the pool.  I looked up the float tank and it is a bit exotic for us here in the wilds of Isaan.   I was pretty happy to find the bog standard white version of Epsom salts at our local(ish) shop.  Never heard of the pink version.  What is that please?  Take care and Merry Christmas too (if you celebrate it -I don't anymore).

Xmas just another day!

See attached

PURAPOOL-PURASALTS.pdf

Archived