'My boss lets us book hangover days'

snoop1130

'My boss lets us book hangover days'

By Felicity Hannah

_110099556_img_3200.jpg

AUDIT LAB

"This year I have taken two hangover days when I've been out with my friends, and I've taken three from when I've been out on work nights."

Ellie is 19 and works as a PR manager for a digital marketing agency. Like a growing number of employers, her boss offers flexible working arrangements, including flexible hours and unlimited holiday.

It also lets employees take "hangover days" where they work from the comfort of their own sofa - or even bed.

"The perk has a lot in it," Ellie told BBC 5 Live's Wake Up To Money. "It is about honesty, it's about people being able to not lie to their managers.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50731781

Sure , I know I appreciate it, knowing my guys did not come to work because they were drinking the night before, while I bust my ass doing their work.

And when i lose my job because my department did not perform and I am living in a cardboard box, I will revel in the fact that they were a least honest with me.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It also lets employees take "hangover days" where they work from the comfort of their own sofa - or even bed.

What a load of rubbish. Work does not get done from the bed, unless you make a living on the bed, much less the sofa. I know some people can get more work done in a shorter time frame than others, and kudos to them, but the attitude that you schedule your social life this way doesn't show much maturity. I, as a boss, wouldn't have much confidence in you.

There was a guy on "Pointless" (UK quiz show) the other day, he was an "online fitness coach". He admitted to pre-recording all his coaching sessions and answering any live queries from his sofa, in his pyjamas.

Nice work if you can get it.

I do, on occasion work from home, but I can't do it from bed or the sofa. I can however do it whilst watching the cricket in a window on my desktop.

"The perk has a lot in it," Ellie told BBC 5 Live's Wake Up To Money. "It is about honesty, it's about people being able to not lie to their managers.

Bang on. I can just imagine. . . 

"Sorry about getting in late this morning, boss. I was up all night pleasuring your missus."

"No problem, Smithers. Can I get you a nice cup of coffee to wake you up a bit?"

Archived