Apartment contract questions: Outside guests and right to quit contract

I have two questions about an apartment contract I have here in front of me, so I hope some of you have knowledge and can help.

I attached two files/passages of the contract.

1. The tenant has the right to quit the contract with a written 30days notice in advance anytime. Is that correct? The contract says "ต้องมีเหตุจำเป็นอันสมควร" - does that mean something like an important reason? Like no water/electric etc.

I found this new law:

According to that every tenant can now quiet any contract (no matter how long) within 30 days with a written notice?

2. Now that is really strange: I am talking about point 5 of the bold text, that the tenant needs permission for any guest inside their room. Is that even legal? I have never seen that before for condos; this is an apartment.

2.PNG

Capture.PNG

When signing the rental contract it would be wise to also ask for

- a copy of the house-book, as well as

- a front/back copy of the thai ID-card of the owner of the place.

Those documents would allow you to register on the IO TM30 website, so that you can do your own TM30 filings and not being dependent on the owner for having them done.

Thank you, what you posted is interesting and good to know but off-topic ????

I spoke to the landlord and to a Thai friend who teaches Thai and speaks good English - both do not know each other. Both said it is basically kind of formal / law language and just means I am not permitted (as a renter) to rent to someone else. Which is normal that you need permission for that everywhere that I know of. So all fine now.

Contact can be terminated within 30 day period according to the law, but you lose deposit if you have not been there a certain amount of time (which should be specified in the contract). which is 4 months in this contract.

Archived