Triumph Motorcycles In Bkk

griffer

http://www.bangkokpost.net/Business/31Mar2007_biz42.php

waiting to see when the motorbike taxis in my soi get one of these....

notice they don't mention that Triumph actually have a couple of huge factories in Thailand now...

From screen to showroom

Actor Dom Hetrakul sees a starring role in his life for high-end motorcycle business

Pitsinee Jitpleecheep

Actor Dom Hetrakul is preparing to scale back his activity in front of the camera, saying he now intends to devote up to 60% of his time to his passion for business Mr Dom is the main shareholder in Britbike Co, an official distributor of high-end Triumph motorcycles from the United Kingdom, in the Thai market. He and his friends set up the company with initial registered capital of four million baht.

The 30-year-old TV star and scion of the family that owns the Daily News is following a well-worn path taken by other entertainers into businesses such as food, fashion, beauty, jewellery and spas.

Methinee ''Look Kate'' Kingpayom, for example, sells her own line of lingerie. Young actress Ann Thongprasom runs a kindergarten and Pattarapol ''Paul'' Silapajan has a health and fitness centre.

''I've been in show business for 12 years. Though I still find some excitement in entertainment, the Hetrakuls are not a showbiz family but a business family,'' Mr Dom said.

In addition to turning his passion for high-performance bikes into a business, the actor also has an event-organising venture that he aims to turn into a fully fledged creative house in the near future.

Before setting up his own company to market Triumph motorcycles, Mr Dom held a small stake in the local distributor of Ducati, another storied European motorbike name. He said that demand for high-end motorcycles had been rising steadily in Thailand for the last decade and he wanted to have a major part in an international business.

Still, he acknowledges that his celebrity status is a good selling point.

''I'm not quitting showbiz at the moment because it helps us with our reputation and our connections,'' he says.

Britbike will officially open its first Triumph showroom on Royal City Avenue, off Rama IX Road, on April 9. Three more will be added in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Pattaya by the end of this year.

The company will offer a dozen Triumph bikes including the popular Rocket III Daytona 675, along with Triumph parts, clothing and accessories. The motorcycles cost between 500,000 and 1.2 million baht, prices that Mr Dom says are 20-50% cheaper than rival brands. Triumph is competing locally against Harley Davidson, BMW and Ducati.

Mr Dom said that in the first two years, the company would focus on the affordable ''modern classic'' line of Triumph bikes and later provide high-performance models to keen enthusiasts.

''We expect Triumph will be a new alternative for customers who are considering a city car as a second vehicle, or for somebody who has never owned a motorcycle before,'' he said.

''We've received good feedback from local style and speed lovers with 14 motorcycles sold in the three months since our opening. Suprisingly, up to 75% of the customers who visit our showroom are newcomers.

In its first year, Britbike aims to sell about 70 bikes and earn 50 million baht.

''There are more than 1,000 big bikes on the road and the market is still in its early stage,'' said Mr Dom.

post-10053-1175308695_thumb.jpg

post-10053-1175308733_thumb.jpg

Why wouldn't they use official promotional photos, it looks like someone took these shots in his back alley.

I was hoping to see some sexy new bikes. The black one looks the low end hondas running around India and Pakistan. Retro is cool if you go back to something that was once cool.

The green bike looks like it might have some potential though. I would toss those buggy headlights.

Hi

Lets hope they import the retro Bonneville 'Scrambler'. IMO the best looking retro ever (and reliable too) plus ideal for Thai pot-holed roads. As an avid Triumph supporter, looks like I may risk another bike in Thailand after all :o

Dave :D

NAKA " wont get any of these for years " Not so I ordered the first Rocket 3 for Thailand and will be here in May.. DAVE THE DUDE They do indeed have the retro scrambler in the show room though I cant tell you how much. The shop is located at RCA and the guys working there all speak good English and are very helpful.

Picture below is the shop bike, mine has footboards, 2 tone paint and different bars.

Thaicoon for the Rocket 3 with a few extras 1.2 million. About what youd pay for an average Harley D over here and I know which I'd rather be seen on. Roll on May.

Got 4 bikes now, could sell the 4 for a Triumph rocket, or what the hel_l, go for one. you only live once, so enjoy.

Thaicoon for the Rocket 3 with a few extras 1.2 million. About what youd pay for an average Harley D over here and I know which I'd rather be seen on. Roll on May.

hI h2ODunc

You and me too,mate. I dont like them shiny tractors. Got a few mates in the UK with Sprocket 3's, they love being able to blow away EVERY sports-bike upto a 100MPH.(With big grins). Thanks for the info about the BKK bike shop

Enjoy :o

hI h2ODunc

You and me too,mate. I dont like them shiny tractors. Got a few mates in the UK with Sprocket 3's, they love being able to blow away EVERY sports-bike upto a 100MPH.(With big grins). Thanks for the info about the BKK bike shop

Enjoy :o

Dude, just found myself a supercharger on the internet for the Rocket. Boosts the BHP to over 200. That should leave the sport bike chappies tap dancing on the gear peg till at least 140-150. Just got to find someone to change the engine mapping. Another little tit-bit The Rocket 3 has more torque at tick over than a Honda Blackbird at 8500rpm ha ha ha ha ha

Dude, just found myself a supercharger on the internet for the Rocket. Boosts the BHP to over 200

Then it will have the same HP as my Harley, he he

OK my tractor loving friend. Without the supercharger fitted name the date and place and well see just how SLOW youre 200 bhp tractor is. Im sure we can find somewhere to run a mile, standing start. Id be interested in the full spec of the tractor

Bog standard out the box

ROCKET

MPH------ 145 LIMITED

BHP------ 147

Torque----147lbs at 2500rpm

0-60-------2.3 seconds

Cant wait to read yours my friend

Its Chumphon bike week May. Have a newley laid, unopened road that we can use and well do something for charity. Consider the gauntlet thrown in your direction farmer boy

Over to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then it will have the same HP as my Harley, he he

Hi HDRIDER

How do you know he bought it on Hire Purchase like you ! :o:D:D:D:D

Sorry mate, I didnt mean to slag off your ride. I do actually like some of them; but here in the UK, I dont like the Club scene and the 'I can afford more HD clothing than you' scene.

Good luck

Dude Im the same as you. Some HD's I quite like. The V-rod is nice and the sportster is a nice looking bike but its the HD bullshit that gets me as well. I did a google on 200bhp HD's and got a big ZERO. I'm sure if I had one then a lot of people would know about it. I asked a few of our guys in the club if they knew of it and got the same answer. Didnt see it at the big " we love the king " meeting in January either. Theres also a big silence in the charity challenge as well. I presume its a 200 bhp harley you have to transport anywhere, run up and down a strip a few times then back on the truck. You see them all the time at the bike meets. Nice bikes put on a truck, driven to the show where the guy stands next to it all weekend polishing the fcking thing all weekend. What a waste. If you have a bike you should ride the ###### thing. I will wait to hear if tractor boy, sorry HDRider posts back with the full spec of his machine. Ive got to go look at a place which might be able to re map my motor so i can supercharge it. Hope its not too cold over in Blighty at the moment, not good for biking I know. One thing I dont miss. :o

Just for the Dude.

:o Went to BKK to check on the Rocket and to test ride the demo bike. I thought my R1 was quick till I wound the throttle back on the Rocket. With the R1 you had to manage the power to keep the front wheel in contact with the tarmac but the Rocket just lays down the power through the huge back tyre.

I notice not a peep from Tractor boy and his 200 bhp Harley. Typical of your average HD rider. All talk and shiney bits. Anyway Dude snapped a Scrambler for you to have a look at. Enjoy

post-24982-1175857680_thumb.jpg

Just for the Dude.

:o Went to BKK to check on the Rocket and to test ride the demo bike. I thought my R1 was quick till I wound the throttle back on the Rocket. With the R1 you had to manage the power to keep the front wheel in contact with the tarmac but the Rocket just lays down the power through the huge back tyre.

I notice not a peep from Tractor boy and his 200 bhp Harley. Typical of your average HD rider. All talk and shiney bits. Anyway Dude snapped a Scrambler for you to have a look at. Enjoy

Any idea about the price on that scrambler?

Cheers

In 1965 i bought a Triumph tiger 21 {350cc twin} off Alf Hagon, the famous drag racer of the sixties, it was fitted with a supercharger for low down revs and a turbo cut in when the power got up, it was dynoed at 234 bhp ,, i couldnt use all this power because the spokes in the back wheel would break!! yeah right!!

So if HD have a 200bhp bike, why aint Nickey Hayden and Kenny Roberts jr testing prototypes? cant they aford a wheelbarrow to pick up the pieces that viabrated off?

Harley boys, i dont mean any offence to any of you, your bikes really sound great, nothing like the throb of a big V twin going away under power, but 200bhp?

H2, be carefull of warranty rules before doing major mods, and your new Rocket might outdrag sports bikes up to a ton, but for me thats where the enjoyment starts, in UK anyway, here in Thai youve probaly got the right machine for the job!! good luck with it, :o

http://www.bangkokpost.net/Business/31Mar2007_biz42.php

waiting to see when the motorbike taxis in my soi get one of these....

notice they don't mention that Triumph actually have a couple of huge factories in Thailand now...

From screen to showroom

Actor Dom Hetrakul sees a starring role in his life for high-end motorcycle business

Pitsinee Jitpleecheep

Actor Dom Hetrakul is preparing to scale back his activity in front of the camera, saying he now intends to devote up to 60% of his time to his passion for business Mr Dom is the main shareholder in Britbike Co, an official distributor of high-end Triumph motorcycles from the United Kingdom, in the Thai market. He and his friends set up the company with initial registered capital of four million baht.

The 30-year-old TV star and scion of the family that owns the Daily News is following a well-worn path taken by other entertainers into businesses such as food, fashion, beauty, jewellery and spas.

Methinee ''Look Kate'' Kingpayom, for example, sells her own line of lingerie. Young actress Ann Thongprasom runs a kindergarten and Pattarapol ''Paul'' Silapajan has a health and fitness centre.

''I've been in show business for 12 years. Though I still find some excitement in entertainment, the Hetrakuls are not a showbiz family but a business family,'' Mr Dom said.

In addition to turning his passion for high-performance bikes into a business, the actor also has an event-organising venture that he aims to turn into a fully fledged creative house in the near future.

Before setting up his own company to market Triumph motorcycles, Mr Dom held a small stake in the local distributor of Ducati, another storied European motorbike name. He said that demand for high-end motorcycles had been rising steadily in Thailand for the last decade and he wanted to have a major part in an international business.

Still, he acknowledges that his celebrity status is a good selling point.

''I'm not quitting showbiz at the moment because it helps us with our reputation and our connections,'' he says.

Britbike will officially open its first Triumph showroom on Royal City Avenue, off Rama IX Road, on April 9. Three more will be added in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Pattaya by the end of this year.

The company will offer a dozen Triumph bikes including the popular Rocket III Daytona 675, along with Triumph parts, clothing and accessories. The motorcycles cost between 500,000 and 1.2 million baht, prices that Mr Dom says are 20-50% cheaper than rival brands. Triumph is competing locally against Harley Davidson, BMW and Ducati.

Mr Dom said that in the first two years, the company would focus on the affordable ''modern classic'' line of Triumph bikes and later provide high-performance models to keen enthusiasts.

''We expect Triumph will be a new alternative for customers who are considering a city car as a second vehicle, or for somebody who has never owned a motorcycle before,'' he said.

''We've received good feedback from local style and speed lovers with 14 motorcycles sold in the three months since our opening. Suprisingly, up to 75% of the customers who visit our showroom are newcomers.

In its first year, Britbike aims to sell about 70 bikes and earn 50 million baht.

''There are more than 1,000 big bikes on the road and the market is still in its early stage,'' said Mr Dom.

Nice bike, to expensive for my taste will stick with my little Honda WAVE.

Hi

Sorry to get back so late, i was of course joking, but it has around 110hp, i just love the rocket, did not know it was in Thailand, i must see it, are you coming to phuket bike week?

i had a BSA rocket 3, did you know that Triumph bought the name rocket from BSA

maybe see you guys in phuket, i dont wear lether, to hot....

Hi

Sorry to get back so late, i was of course joking, but it has around 110hp, i just love the rocket, did not know it was in Thailand, i must see it, are you coming to phuket bike week?

Yup sure did know that, HD and in 1971 a Rocket 3 engined Triumph was born and called the Hurricane X75. My mate has a 'brand new' one in his garage in the Uk. They were designed by Craig Vetter, a then californian hippie. (I met him a few years back.) A wild looking custom style bike in vivid yellow,Dayglo orange stripes and a 3 into 3 exhaust system all up one side of bike. Awsome.

p.s. Keep up the HD banter, it a bit of a laugh really :o

Hi

Yup sure did know that, HD and in 1971 a Rocket 3 engined Triumph was born and called the Hurricane X75. My mate has a 'brand new' one in his garage in the Uk. They were designed by Craig Vetter, a then californian hippie. (I met him a few years back.) A wild looking custom style bike in vivid yellow,Dayglo orange stripes and a 3 into 3 exhaust system all up one side of bike. Awsome.

p.s. Keep up the HD banter, it a bit of a laugh really :o

Hi Dude

OOhhh yes i know the X75, he made around 1000 bikes.

post-27591-1176184499_thumb.jpg