Songkran In Phuket

R123

I am considering going to Phuket(will stay Patong) from Pattaya to avoid the water throwing which is scheduled from about 13th-19th April here.

Can anyone tell me when does the water throwing actually cease in Phuket, or does it go on for the same dates as in Pattaya?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by R123

my office friends have just told me that the afternoon of the 12th will have water, 13th will have full day, and 14th SHOULD be nothing.

who knows what will happen in bangla though. but if you stay elsewhere you should be safe.

MiniVDO : The TAT plan a midnight Songkran festival in Patong.

To see or download mini-video, go to http://www.thaisnews.com/news_detail.php?newsid=210516

The activity to welcome Songkran’s day in Phuket will be extravagantly held during 12-16th April by the Tourism Authority of Thailand or TAT southern region office 4 to welcome all Thais and foreigners during the Thai water festival holiday period. Highlights will include the night of April 12th, when there will be a Miss Songkran contest on stage at Jungceylon while Soi Bang La will be a pedestrian only walking street for people who come to celebrate and to throw water, as well as Thai traditional performances such as a traditional drum show, Thai folk-dance of Phuket and folksongs. In the morning of April 13th a Buddhist merit making ceremony will be performed and followed by traditional water blessings to pay respect to adults, traditional shows and then water throwing for the rest of the day. Besides this, the TAT will invite 2,000 big motor-bikers mainly from Malaysia and Singapore, as well as hold a Miss Big Bike contest and tattoo contest.

from Andaman News TV11 (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 Phuket City, both broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, 8.30am & later on Phuket Cable TV Channel 1, Thursday 29 March 2007 & www.Thaisnews.com {Our news text and mini-videos can be freely copied, but give credit to Andaman News TV11 Phuket or contact [email protected]}