Non-O for Retirement from outside Thailand

Has anyone had any recent experience at securing a Non-O visa for Retirement at either Phnom Penh or Vientiane Thai embassies?  For Vientiane, the Consular website lists an O-Retirement in its lists of visas, but when checking their fine print of instructions it is stated that it will be an O-A for long stay.  Perhaps there are other locations from which an O-Retirement can be better obtained?

Vientiane want a medical and police clearance certificate for a non-o visa based upon being 50 or over. They will accept both done here in the country.

No recent reports for Phnom Phen issuing one. I can recall reports of people having to wait until the head of consular section accepted the application.

The consulates in Penang and Savannakhet will issue one. Besides financial proof they also require proof of retirement. If you  have proof of 65k baht income from your embassy proof of retirement is not required.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Vientiane want a medical and police clearance certificate for a non-o visa based upon being 50 or over. They will accept both done here in the country.

No recent reports for Phnom Phen issuing one. I can recall reports of people having to wait until the head of consular section accepted the application.

The consulates in Penang and Savannakhet will issue one. Besides financial proof they also require proof of retirement. If you  have proof of 65k baht income from your embassy proof of retirement is not required.

I have watched /read comments about " O visa " batted to and fro - it is hard to find a definition of what constitutes the validity for a 'o' application. Accepting the financial requirements, is it for retirement over the age of 50 years, based on marriage/child support or is a combination of several ? Have read the attached :

http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/1287/104719-Visa-Non--Immigrant-“O”-ติดตามครอบครัว.html

15 minutes ago, Capt Rob said:

I have watched /read comments about " O visa " batted to and fro - it is hard to find a definition of what constitutes the validity for a 'o' application.

That link to be to a non-o visa for family members.

This page mentions others including  retirment. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/111218-Non-Immigrant-Visa.html

But no amounts for financial proof. Most use the same requirements as needed to apply for an extension of stay.