Jump to content

Still smiling: Thai serial killer back in Khon Kaen as villagers left disappointed


webfact

Recommended Posts

Still smiling: Thai serial killer back in Khon Kaen as villagers left disappointed

 

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

Villagers in Kranuan district of Khon Kaen in Thailand's north east were left disappointed after serial killer Somkid Phumphuang was taken straight back to the cells last night. 

 

The killer - known by the nickname "Kid the Ripper" - had been arrested earlier in the day on a train in Pak Chong, Nakhon Ratchasima. 

 

He was wanted for the murder of Rasami Mulijan, 51. 

 

He had been released after serving 14 years for raping and killing 5 others. The Prime Minister has called for a review of criteria regarding the release of detainees. 

 

Villagers went to the scene of the crime hoping that police would conduct a quick reenactment that is standard procedure in Thailand. 

 

2pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

However, they were to be disappointed and went en masse to the Kranuan police station instead that is 700 meters away from the crime scene. 

 

There, kept back by the police, they hurled insults and called for the murderer to face the death penalty. 

 

Kranuan police processed the criminal and gave him dinner and two drinks. 

 

He is being kept on a 24 hour a day CCTV watch amid high security. 

 

Daily News published a picture of the murderer smiling before he was led to the cells.

 

Source: Daily News

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-19
Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, neeray said:

Correction facility staff who "mistakenly" released him have blood on their hands.

 

The truck driver was careless so the family got wiped out.

 

The foreman was careless so the the construction workers got crushed.

 

The prison officials were careless so.......

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, KevinCorr said:

I have read news stories that said he was paroled and other reports of a "royal pardon". Now they are saying simply "released".

 

 

"Although the pardons are signed by His Majesty the King, his gesture is largely symbolic under the constitutional monarchy; the decisions on which inmates to be released rest on prison officials."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/12/17/serial-killer-kid-the-ripper-stirs-debate-on-royal-pardon/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It´s easy to understand why he is smiling. This is a common thing with criminals that has been jailed long time. They feel prison is their home, and a place where they know all the rules and can adjust to them.

This guy got released after 14 years, and probably tried to fit in. What he saw was a society he no longer knew, and did what he do best to get back to the place he fit in. That´s the reason why this guy is smiling, he have managed to come home.

It´s absolutely no excuse for his evil behaviour, but it explains the smile.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his smile in a distressing situation is probably a cultural thing, it doesn't necessarily mean he's happy. On the other hand, he's already survived 14 years in prison, so another stretch isn't going to bother him too much, methinks. I get the feeling that in Thailand rapists, pedophiles, etc. are accepted by the general prison population, and don't suffer the same level of animosity they'd get in, say, a US jail. Does long term protective custody even exist here? Being high profile he'll probably get the death sentence but the question is - will it be enforced?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It´s easy to understand why he is smiling. This is a common thing with criminals that has been jailed long time. They feel prison is their home, and a place where they know all the rules and can adjust to them.

This guy got released after 14 years, and probably tried to fit in. What he saw was a society he no longer knew, and did what he do best to get back to the place he fit in. That´s the reason why this guy is smiling, he have managed to come home.

It´s absolutely no excuse for his evil behaviour, but it explains the smile.

I would say that it has far more to do with the fact that this man is a psychopath and is thus devoid of empathy.

 

Rooster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nausea said:

I think his smile in a distressing situation is probably a cultural thing, it doesn't necessarily mean he's happy. On the other hand, he's already survived 14 years in prison, so another stretch isn't going to bother him too much, methinks. I get the feeling that in Thailand rapists, pedophiles, etc. are accepted by the general prison population, and don't suffer the same level of animosity they'd get in, say, a US jail. Does long term protective custody even exist here? Being high profile he'll probably get the death sentence but the question is - will it be enforced?

 

You are right in everything you say in your post. In Thai prisons the fellow inmates care little for your crimes. They just hope you have money to partake in the purchase of drugs and gambling.

 

The shame about the Thai system is that people involved in drugs, many who are press-ganged, innocent, convicted on poor evidence to keep police conviction rates up, receive next to zero in amnesties whereas rapists and murderers receive generous reductions.

 

It shows just how out of date Thailand's prison system is. The original aim was to show the world Thailand was tough on drugs. By and large, the vast majority in the jails are the ' mules ' and the ' poor ' who cannot pay their way out.

 

I make no excuse for drug dealing and the major players. However, the major players don't go to jail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Why? in the Uk life is 25 years and you could with luck get out after serving 12, certainly after 15

 

No,

 

He would not have got that kind of sentence in the UK for 5 rapes and murders. He would have been given IPP sentence  (Indeterminate prison for protection of the public) and he certainly would not have been out in 14 years.

 

Many crimes such as heinous as this, carry ' whole life sentences ' now in the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

I would say that it has far more to do with the fact that this man is a psychopath and is thus devoid of empathy.

 

Rooster. 

Sure he is, but I would say he is happy to come home to a place he feels as safe. I guess we just have to deal with our different ways of looking at things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Villagers went to the scene of the crime hoping that police would conduct a quick reenactment that is standard procedure in Thailand. 

Which is non-nonsensical!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why has this piece of <deleted> not been executed yet?   Another stupid re-enactment?  Put this murdering a-hole to death and be done with it before he escapes or they release him and he kills again.  What is wrong with this world???!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

14 years for killing and raping 5?  Amazing Thailand

thai hitman shot/killed 9 people, got arrested, in prison he stabbed 3 inmates to death, he then joined the prison boxing team, he only spent 13 years in prison. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

 

You are right in everything you say in your post. In Thai prisons the fellow inmates care little for your crimes. They just hope you have money to partake in the purchase of drugs and gambling.

 

The shame about the Thai system is that people involved in drugs, many who are press-ganged, innocent, convicted on poor evidence to keep police conviction rates up, receive next to zero in amnesties whereas rapists and murderers receive generous reductions.

 

It shows just how out of date Thailand's prison system is. The original aim was to show the world Thailand was tough on drugs. By and large, the vast majority in the jails are the ' mules ' and the ' poor ' who cannot pay their way out.

 

I make no excuse for drug dealing and the major players. However, the major players don't go to jail.

The major players are major players because they make themselves immune from prosecution by having layers of operatives beneath them. The operatives don't even know who they are working for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, KevinCorr said:

I have read news stories that said he was paroled and other reports of a "royal pardon". Now they are saying simply "released".

 

Typical reporting in Thailand. You never get the full story or updates on old reports. The reporters just write whatever the police / govt officials tell them. No questions, no investigations just do what the guy in the uniform is telling you to do or say.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

14 years for killing and raping 5?  Amazing Thailand

That is what i reckon to. Its a wonder when they gave him his meal and 2 drinks some of it was not whiskey and thrown in a couple of ladies so he would not get lonely in his cell. Amazing Thailand alright

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Why? in the Uk life is 25 years and you could with luck get out after serving 12, certainly after 15

U would get 5x25

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ta158 said:

thai hitman shot/killed 9 people, got arrested, in prison he stabbed 3 inmates to death, he then joined the prison boxing team, he only spent 13 years in prison. 

 

 

 

🥴

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...