Jomtien Retirement Visa Extension Financial Requirements

3 of my mates just pay a imigratoin officer to return there passports with the proper visa extentions and stamps. Been doing it for years with many others who can't do it legally as no funds in there banks as they work with out work permits as managers of resorts on ilands only been paid 12,000 baht each monthly with free accomadatoin and food. Very popular way of getting Visas in Thailand where any thing can be baught for a price it seems. 

Interesting how different immigration offices have different policies. I have the same exact Visa type O and retirement extension and renew at the Bangkok office. No such notification is issued to return after 3 months for proof of funds. Obviously this is something that can simply be checked upon your next renewal of visa extension.

3 hours ago, RickoMortis said:

3 of my mates just pay a imigratoin officer to return there passports with the proper visa extentions and stamps. Been doing it for years with many others who can't do it legally as no funds in there banks as they work with out work permits as managers of resorts on ilands only been paid 12,000 baht each monthly with free accomadatoin and food. Very popular way of getting Visas in Thailand where any thing can be baught for a price it seems. 

If I only got paid 12000 baht a month, I wouldn't work for anybody. Free accommodation means a small crappy hotel room, and I don't think a juicy steak is included in "free food". 

20 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Obviously this is something that can simply be checked upon your next renewal of visa extension.

Belatedly, and some might argue, that if you did not still have the money, were living here on an Extension you were not entitled to.

If I recall correctly, Jomtiem were quick to impose the requirement to return and show you had retained the 800k baht... soon after it was imposed around March. They may have jumped the gun and likely want to avoid the face-loss of rescinding it.