TAT updates travel advisory regarding air quality concerns in Bangkok

rooster59

TAT updates travel advisory regarding air quality concerns in Bangkok

Chao-Phraya-River-Bangkok.jpg

Bangkok, 19 December 2019 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to advise tourists and visitors to take precautions as necessary when in outdoor areas in the Thai capital and its surrounding provinces.

This followed the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s reports of smog returning to the city with the levels of particulate matter of 2.5 microns or less in diameter (PM2.5), which rose above safe levels in various districts. They include Bang Khen, Laksi, Phasicharoen, Bang Sue, Pathumwan, Bang Kho Laem and Khlong San.

Thailand’s air quality and situation reports

Tourists can monitor the overall air quality of Thailand provided daily by the Pollution Control Department, Ministry of Public Health, by logging on to the website (link) or download the mobile application “Air4Thai” on App Store (link) or Google Play (link).

Thailand’s tourism and transport services

All tourism-related services in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces as well as all destinations across Thailand are operating as usual.

These include ongoing tourism activities and services in beach resort destinations; such as, Phuket, Krabi and Trang, and in the East; such as, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat. Meanwhile, Northern Thai destinations; such as, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan and Sukhothai are enjoying pleasant weather.

All events and festivals remain as scheduled, including the TAT’s Amazing Thailand Countdown 2020 in Bangkok and six other destinations – Sukhothai, Kalasin, Lop Buri, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo, and Phatthalung – as well as the countdown events planned in destinations up and down the country.

The Krungsri Ayutthaya Kizuna Ekiden 2020 on 12 January and the Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok 2020 on 2 February are also on schedule. All transport services, including air, rail, road and water transport are also operating as usual. All airports as well as all domestic and international flights are operating as usual.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2019/12/tat-updates-travel-advisory-regarding-air-quality-concerns-in-bangkok-2/

TAT News: 2019-12-21

I am surprised that they didn't claim that the filthy air is just an illusion and that all is fine and dandy. ????

I think it's the first time in a decase that I had a burning sensation in my eyes while being outside for just 5 minutes.

26 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

I just don't understand why anyone would book a holiday in BKk in fact Thailand in general unless family ties bring you there. Its hay day is well in the past. If I were doing it over again I would be in Vietnam now. 

Don't they have any pollution issues yet?

10 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

Don't worry.

Just like last year, PM Prayut will issue an executive order requesting the local authorities to resolve the air pollution problem within 7 days.

I seem to recall their best idea was raining molasses..... time to leave

23 hours ago, kotsak said:

I am surprised that they didn't claim that the filthy air is just an illusion and that all is fine and dandy. ????

You're not thinking TAT enough.  It's not filthy.  It's filled with vitamins and nutrients. 

PM2.5 dust particle: It was ranked as the fifth cause of death in 2015. The World Health Organisation announced that there are 7 million deaths from air pollution in 2016, in which 91 per cent occurred in Southeast Asia and the West Pacific countries.  That is 6,370,000 people. And people actually want to live there.  Amazing.

Archived