Spouse visa

First, please excuse my typing as a stroke 1/2 years ago has left me disabled. I am aware that I need to prove that my wife and I  shall have somewhere to live on arrival in Scotland. Th original plan was to stay with my brother until ee found somewhere of our own to live to rent. His house has 3 floors and he is concerned that the Home Office will cause problems due to the difficulty I will have in climbing stairs. Living on the ground floor is not an option. Will Immigration in the Uk cause problems because of this?

Thanks,

Alan

For the accommodation I think you only have to get a letter from your Brother, inviting the wife and yourself, and describing the house and it has a suitable double bedroom where you will be accommodated for the duration of your stay. I do not think they wish to go into any detail of risk assessment or accessibility  factors, as said above you do not need to go into that detail on the application. Your wife is applying as your spouse, not your carer. 

The temperature in Scotland can be a bit of a shock at this time of year, my wife finds it too cold in Sept/Oct on a couple of week trip, I doubt she could cope with Nov-Feb on a sudden arrival  If your going with summer coming up, time to acclimatise ????

• Like 1

As UKresonant already indicated, the fact that you are disabled is irrelevant for the application of your spouse visa.  So do not mention it in the application.

Since you are a UK citizen, the Home Office or UK immigration, cannot stop you from entering UK.

I presume your brother will be the Sponsor for the application, as you need an address where your spouse will stay when arriving with you in UK.

Once you arrived in UK, it is not mandatory that you stay at his place,  If it is impossible for you to make use of the upstairs bedroom, you could stay with your spouse in a hotel nearby, until rental accommodation has been found for the both of you.  That's totally OK, but once again don't bring it up in the application as it is not relevant and might only raise questions by those screening the application.

Success and Merry XMas for you and your spouse!

Edited by Peter Denis