Farang Smokers

tuky

Do you smoke?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate to be a pain, but you haven't specified what it is that is being smoked... Another poll with distorted results, and shouldn't it be in the entertainment section? Do smoking bargirls count, if so, as what?-surely not smoking chimneys?

Some smoke more per day than the average expat and are finished before you can light another cigarette.

I smoke menthol fags out here but don't in the U.K.

Is it just me or is there a common theory that menthols are more refreshing in this here unrefreshing climate?

That said...

"Soo bulee L&M Keaw mai dee - bord soc-a-poc, asujee noi long!"

Roughly translated means...

"Smoke L&M green is no good 'cause as well as having dirty lungs your sperm will be considerably reduced".

That's a myth right? :o

I quit a one pack a day habit in 1986, one of the best things I ever accomplished, How may packs a day is considered a heavy smoker these days? I worked with a guy in Italy a few years back that smoked four packs every day, not sure if he is still alive. I understand that some places on the planet cigarettes cost about US$8/ pack!

^^^its only the sperm count so unless ur trying for kids dont worry about it, quantity is still the same as my girlfriend will testify..@gentleman scamp

Shouldn't that be 'Testi-fy?'

:o

I do apologise, that was dreadful... I'm so crap and I haven't had much sleep recently so please forgive me.

That's me done on here for the day.

Living in thailand takes a certain kind of person I think, is that kind a smoker?

What are your comments?

I'm not sure there is a relation.

I never ever smoked, except when next to a smoker,of course,...

And I do not know that many people who smoke, Thai or farang, I mean besides you :o

"Smoke L&M green is no good 'cause as well as having dirty lungs your sperm will be considerably reduced".

That's a myth right? :o

It is a Thai contraceptive...The results are plain obvious..Toxin's dad smoked the wrong cigarettes on the wrong day...

Is that Fag with the US meaning, or the UK?

Me? I'm currently between cigarettes. The last one was several years ago and I now get funny looks when I find my nose following smokers in the street.

I understand that some places on the planet cigarettes cost about US$8/ pack!

Closer to $10 in the UK.

US$10/pack in the UK!! Dam!!, What do they cost/pack here in LOS? I'd say that $10 a pack would be good motivation for quitting.

Is that Fag with the US meaning, or the UK?

Me? I'm currently between cigarettes. The last one was several years ago and I now get funny looks when I find my nose following smokers in the street.

They don't usually come in packs, except on some dark stretches of upper Sukhumvit. And you might well get looks following them around...

I'd say that $10 a pack would be good motivation for quitting.

That's supposedly the idea behind the price. In reality it encourages a huge blackmarket in smuggled cigarettes. Fortunately I travel a lot, so I don't have to pay $10 or buy from cigarette smugglers. Although I am down to my last pack now, and not going away for a couple of weeks, seems like a good time to try and pack it in.

I smoked for 18 years , when I gave up last September I was smoking 50 a day.To say the least I was in a bad way.

I found the number of an English Hypnotist in Pattaya ,the best 2500 baht I ever spent.

Never smoked or stressed about it since and I've even stopped coughing up fried eggs in the morning

If anyone wants his number , pm me and I will gladly pass it on. :o

I'd say that $10 a pack would be good motivation for quitting.

That's supposedly the idea behind the price. In reality it encourages a huge blackmarket in smuggled cigarettes. Fortunately I travel a lot, so I don't have to pay $10 or buy from cigarette smugglers. Although I am down to my last pack now, and not going away for a couple of weeks, seems like a good time to try and pack it in.

Good luck , if you can give em up you won't be sorry, again Good Luck.

I smoked for 18 years , when I gave up last September I was smoking 50 a day.To say the least I was in a bad way.

I found the number of an English Hypnotist in Pattaya ,the best 2500 baht I ever spent.

Never smoked or stressed about it since and I've even stopped coughing up fried eggs in the morning

If anyone wants his number , pm me and I will gladly pass it on. :o

I have heard about hypnotism, but does it work?

kurgen, oops I mean highlander pm me with the number I might pay him a visit.

:D

Cheers

I quit smoking at home, so I am earlier in the office and go home later....

Actully, should stop completely, but still like them, and for US$ 6-10.00 duty free a bargain. (That's a carton, not a pack, i.e. 200 sticks)

Really bad for your health seems to me the smoking-ban in restaurants. In places where it is really enforced (generally it is not) people run out between eating, rush a fag, or after dinner go to a place where they can smoke and have more than good for them. Think after 2 hours or so they feel redundant.

acupuncture?

A friend did it years ago in New York with a Chinese practioneer.

After each session left some small needles in his earlobes and got the advice, whenever he feels like smoking should touch his ears.

Now this made sense to me, touching both your ears you cannot light up. :D

Anyway, he finally stopped, urged by his Taiwan-wife. :o

I understand that some places on the planet cigarettes cost about US$8/ pack!

Closer to $10 in the UK.

US$10/pack in the UK!! Dam!!, What do they cost/pack here in LOS? I'd say that $10 a pack would be good motivation for quitting.

Actually it wasn’t for me. I smoked the entire time I lived in London, but then I had the sort of job where I could afford it and not think twice (I cringe when I think about my nights out). It wasn't until I returned to oz that reality kicked in. I'd been smoking on and off since I was a teenager and must admit am glad I’ve quit. Don’t want to do some holier than thou speech, but can feel the difference and prefer it - I can breathe (properly) again :o

9$ a pack in Canada. Wanted too quit after moving here but at 1$ or so a pack... I'm actually sick and tired of it but the addiction is so strong, quitting weed was so much easier.

I smoke LM kheows, menthol, due to the fact that I hate the taste of what I've tried here so far. Menthol just hides it.