Siam country club membership.

Zigcap

Full Siam Country Club membership for sale. 325,000 baht 13 years remaining. Allows all 4 courses including the new course, rolling hills. Weekends and holidays. 1300 baht per round includes green fees,

cart and caddy. 50,000 transfer fee to Siam.

steve

<<<< Phone number and email removed as per forum rules >>>>

Edited by metisdead
18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

why would anyone wish to do that? Much cheaper to stay freelance, unless you have pretensions of course. 

Membership of ‘some’ courses can be considered an investment and can be sold on at a later date. 

The normal greens fees for this course appear to be about 4000 baht - so a saving of 2700 baht (or there about) per round... if one is playing 3 times per week (that’s a saving of 405,000 baht per year) - I use the figures to outline that the memberships is not that outrageous once we look at the figures more closely. 

Of course, membership at one Club doesn’t give you the freedom of cheap rounds at other courses - but with Siam Country Club having 4 courses there appears to be plenty of freedom. 

I can see why membership would be attractive to many. 

• Like 1

It is a high end club experience maybe the best in the country.

It is not bad at all compared to Southern California private memberships.( all relative I know)

Playing 3 times a week will total approx. $750 a month including the caddie tip.

Add drinks and food from time to time.

They do and probably will raise that 1300 gf at their leisure.

The 4 course option is pretty nice.

Not a terrible deal if a member was always here, healthy and enjoys playing a lot of golf.

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Membership of ‘some’ courses can be considered an investment and can be sold on at a later date. 

The normal greens fees for this course appear to be about 4000 baht - so a saving of 2700 baht (or there about) per round... if one is playing 3 times per week (that’s a saving of 405,000 baht per year) - I use the figures to outline that the memberships is not that outrageous once we look at the figures more closely. 

Of course, membership at one Club doesn’t give you the freedom of cheap rounds at other courses - but with Siam Country Club having 4 courses there appears to be plenty of freedom. 

I can see why membership would be attractive to many. 

the golf club in Uk where I was a member now charges 1000k G B P for seven day membership plus use of practice area and clubhouse !!!

15 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

the golf club in Uk where I was a member now charges 1000k G B P for seven day membership plus use of practice area and clubhouse !!!

Golf in UK is very good value, my course cost about the same as yours. Thailand 10x more expensive. People can decide whether its worth it here, I don't think it is

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 4:40 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Golf will be winding down in Thailand now, I can't see golf bars lasting long in Pattaya

Sorry but what do you mean - since all "bars" are shut anyway and unlikely to open before the golf courses re-open?

Once golf restarts are you suggesting people won't come and play?

PS - and what has any of that got to do with Siam membership.......:unsure:

32 minutes ago, topt said:

Sorry but what do you mean - since all "bars" are shut anyway and unlikely to open before the golf courses re-open?

Once golf restarts are you suggesting people won't come and play?

PS - and what has any of that got to do with Siam membership.......:unsure:

You're only a week late. Golf bars generally are only busy on the days they organise golf. Golf courses only closed today. Tourist numbers are near zero so golf bars along with other bars will probably be making a loss so it depends how much of a cash buffer they have got, i guess not much. This could go on for months, vans full or golfers and presentations won't happen. Not looking good, but it's the same all over the world, governments have killed the economies

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You're only a week late.

Too busy playing golf thanks........... 

I don't disagree except as I said i see no difference between a bar and a golf bar in the current situation.

32 minutes ago, topt said:

Too busy playing golf thanks........... 

Not anymore. Crazy closing golf courses, such a low risk, they are just killing another industry, I've already had a caddy posting her and her son will starve. See if she qualifies for the 5k

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is off topic, but are there my affordable golf clubs, my club in Australia charges 1100 AUD per year and you can play as much as you want you can walk around with golf buggy and don’t have to pay compulsory caddy and motorised cart fee ?

are any of the neighbouring countries any cheaper , want to retire to SEA OR South America with my retirement consisting of playing golf 3-4 times per weeks, at Thailand prices don’t think it’s affordable ?

many thanks

i remember a nice club in phichai district in uttaradit can’t remember the name 

• 3 years later...
On 8/27/2020 at 7:59 AM, darrenr said:

I know this is off topic, but are there my affordable golf clubs, my club in Australia charges 1100 AUD per year and you can play as much as you want you can walk around with golf buggy and don’t have to pay compulsory caddy and motorised cart fee ?

are any of the neighbouring countries any cheaper , want to retire to SEA OR South America with my retirement consisting of playing golf 3-4 times per weeks, at Thailand prices don’t think it’s affordable ?

many thanks

i remember a nice club in phichai district in uttaradit can’t remember the name 

MrsJ and myself spend far more on golf than in the UK. We have ‘membership’ well actually it’s a share which we can sell. Up to this year we only had to pay for the caddie but now we also have to pay 100baht as well.

There are several brokers …just google ‘buy golf club membership in Thailand’…. who will buy and sell golf club memberships. About 15/16 years ago we each paid 370,000baht for the share and now I see brokers buy/sell at 350k/400k. We try to play three times a week.

Nearly all golf courses require you to have a caddie.

• Like 1