Teacher who shaved female students says they had head lice

webfact

Teacher who shaved female students says they had head lice

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

An investigation is underway in the north of Thailand after a teacher shaved two female students' heads.

One of the primary students is refusing to go to school because they are embarrassed. The other is wearing a cap. 

The local education authority representative Suchart Sasiphatrakun said that the teacher told him the children agreed to being shaved because of head lice. But the parents did not. 

He has called for a committee to look into the matter. 

He said he had dealt with the teacher using bad language after Facebook posts were made by one of the children involved. 

An apology has been issued to the parents and the school concerned is looking into the appropriateness of their procedures. 

Thaivisa notes that the standard treatment for head lice is to use a medicated shampoo twice in the space of a week. It is a common condition that affects children and adults alike.

Shaving the head is unnecessary. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-23

In the teacher defence, back than long before medicated shampoo and other medically approved  treatment for for head lice they use to simply shave the heads in order to get rid of the problem an it worked, maybe this teacher is one of those old school methods guy...

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Thai teachers seems to think they stand above the law and rules. As they are useless teachers according to a look at the kid abilities after graduaitng, then they should just sack them all. This one in particular.

In principle you are right. But the problem seems also that too many parents let too many teachers get away with "bad" behavior.

I.e. teacher physically hurt children. And what to Thai parents do? It seems most of the time they agree with the teacher... TiT

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In principle you are right. But the problem seems also that too many parents let too many teachers get away with "bad" behavior.

I.e. teacher physically hurt children. And what to Thai parents do? It seems most of the time they agree with the teacher... TiT

Yeah, you are right. Unfortunately this goes in all of the Thai society. Most people just don´t care or are to afraid for a conflict.

If it was my child, the teacher would be dog meat by now. ????

Actually, I hope my child at that age will remember my teaching and stand up for her self.

39 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Thai teachers seems to think they stand above the law and rules. As they are useless teachers according to a look at the kid abilities after graduaitng, then they should just sack them all. This one in particular.

Every Thai person seems to think they stand above the law....nothing new here.

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, you are right. Unfortunately this goes in all of the Thai society. Most people just don´t care or are to afraid for a conflict.
If it was my child, the teacher would be dog meat by now. ????
Actually, I hope my child at that age will remember my teaching and stand up for her self.

Probably find later when feeding the dog, the teacher had worms.

20 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I hope my child at that age will remember my teaching and stand up for her self.

Each and everyone of our kids (4), know that a teachers job is to teach them, e.g. that is why we pay the school twice every year, i.e. we pay the teachers salaries to the school, so the moment a teacher wants to cut your hair, yell at you or embarrass you in front of other students, or anything outside of teaching you, you ring dad on the spot, because your super hero will come to the rescue by sending in mum, and to be perfectly honest, they all know mum has standards, that said, if the kids tell a porky about the teacher, they are minced meat ????

This teacher should be charged for assault and fired, makes me kind of wonder who some of these teachers are, misfits that have no concept of oh, I better ring the kids parents and tell them that they have head lice and that they should have their hair treated before being able to come back to school, nah, too hard, why not just show them who's boss, hair lice, right, over here for public humiliation, great for the kids morals, farrrrrrrrrken idiot.

54 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Greng Jai, it's learned behaviour, taught to them by people who stand to benefit from the behaviour being taught/learned.

7 minutes ago, Chazar said:

oh really it NEEDS a  committee does it..................need committing  more  like

Forming a committee is a good way of avoiding the responsibility of making a personal decision. It's cowardice by definition. Thais are very good at committees, because it allows them to claim a group decision is responsible, not themselves.

The director of the school is a useless wimp, forming a committee BS, it is the directors sole responsibility to sort out the teacher, who should be charged with child abuse.

That is exactly what it is child abuse, no teacher has the right to touch a child let alone shave their heads.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

In the teacher defence, back than long before medicated shampoo and other medically approved  treatment for for head lice they use to simply shave the heads in order to get rid of the problem an it worked, maybe this teacher is one of those old school methods guy...

This teacher is an idiot and should got his hair shaved at a special venue where all the people of the village could have a look and laugh.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The director of the school is a useless wimp, forming a committee BS, it is the directors sole responsibility to sort out the teacher, who should be charged with child abuse.

That is exactly what it is child abuse, no teacher has the right to touch a child let alone shave their heads.

hey speak for  yourself......now  my Catholic  priest friend says..............ooooops

1 hour ago, webfact said:

he had dealt with the teacher using bad language after Facebook posts were made by one of the children involved. 

And there we go.

Thai revenge.

Even against children.

The Thai is at fault, gets caught doing he shouldn't. Gets reprimanded. 

Then needs to get revenge against the child that reported him, so shaves her head using some weak headlice excuse.

Reminds me of the Thai Airforce 5 years ago.

A student complaned about the teacher, the teacher was reprimanded. 

On the next parachute jump the student's chute failed to open and they plunged to their death. 

Thai revenge. 

26 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

This teacher is an idiot and should got his hair shaved at a special venue where all the people of the village could have a look and laugh.

Good idea.

Thais cannot take being ridiculed, this would be a lesson he would not soon forget.

Rightly. Good job it wasn't my daughter, that would bring a world of pain.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

An investigation is underway in the north of Thailand after a teacher shaved two female students' heads.

Sack the teacher, they are not fit for purpose. Teachers should not be touching children, outside situations where child safety is an issue, never mind abusing their authority in this manner. 

Archived