Star trails in Bangkok/Thailand

zappalot

I find the question about which camera was used interesting. I guarantee that this is not about the camera. Any camera with a decent sensor ( in this case just an APS-C sensor) can do the job. Even a micro 4/3 sensor which is slightly smaller is able to catch such trails. A bit more important but not really is a decent lens. A bit more money invested gives you A bit more in sharpness. So really it can be any Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic or Olympus camera. I bet I could achieve the same results easily.

In this case I used a Tamron 17-50 2.8 lens, 400 pictures with three seconds exposure each at an aperture of 3.5. Of course I didn't take the pictures by hand, I used an intervalometer.

Yeah I used my old Canon EOS 450 D ( I think in the US it sold as Rebel 3i), Which is now 10 or 11 years old.

So you're asking yourself if you can get the same results? Sure, just get out and do it ???? Don't forget to pack your tripod

58 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

and take pictures with three seconds exposure .....

It's a forum about photography ????

So yeah, three seconds, that's not a general rule. It depends on the ambient light (Light pollution), the moon, clouds. Exposure time can be anywhere from one second to a minute, also depending on the ISO set up. For the most time I use an ISO between 800 and 1600

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...