Tourist Visa KL - Hotel/Onward Flight Proof Required?

Hi Guys - early next year i am going to Kuala Lumpur to apply for tourist visa.

I am hoping for 60 day tourist visa, then fly back to hua hin.  On the application form for the visa it says i need to show proof of onward travel from thailand, plus proof of accomodation for the whole period i will be in thailand.

I dont have either of these, and my circumstances make it difficult for me to obtain these (i will be staying with girlfriend at her place / plus i dont know my future plans after the 60 days yet).

Has anyone been to apply recently for the tourist visa at KL who could tell me if they think i will have a problem?

If so, are there any easy solutions?  ie where can i book tickets / reservation that can easily be cancelled later?

Happy new year to all ????

You won't need show accom for entire stay. Make booking on something like Agoda "pay at hotel". Also free cancellation. Perhaps for first week of stay.

As for onward flight buy cheap throw away ticket. No way around that. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

They certainly will ask for the ticket out and proof of accommodations.

You could buy a one way lost cost ticket to any nearby country from any airport here. The don't state it has to be a flight ticket on the checklist. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/1_1.pdf

For accommodations your girlfriend could write the invitation letter with a copy of her ID card as shown here.

image.png.9c6f1ffbd8a17e4e2a4080ca2a02a27b.png

• Like 2

The "invitation letter" is just another unnecessary layer to provide. Less is best.

As stated it's easy to provide accommodation booking even if fictitious. 

More accurate advice if you provide your plans re this visit. Meaning your wish list for length of  stay etc.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The "invitation letter" is just another unnecessary layer to provide.

Why do you think it would be so difficult for his girl friend to write a simple letter stating he will be staying with her during his stay in the country. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

are there any airlines that people know of, where i can book a flight out of thailand and then cancel it, without being charged?

Yes there are but frankly not worth it. The refund can take some time and waste of your time. Google sites similar to rent a flight etc. Then cost about 10-12 USD. Or actually use the flight. Depending on your history for visa exempt simple reentry. I got Saigon every month for weekend. It's cheap. 

Or just book cheapest onward flight. You can buy for under 1000baht. Then chuck it.

• Thanks 1

just booked a flight to Laos for under 2k

I guess my next visa run will be there then.  hope they are still being kind with the tourist visas in March

Cheers for the good advice Guys

Happy New Year - hope the visa situation gets easier in 2020.  9 years in thailand and counting.  Not easy when you are under 50 ????

5 hours ago, UKJASE said:

just booked a flight to Laos for under 2k

I guess my next visa run will be there then.  hope they are still being kind with the tourist visas in March

I am sorry to break this news to you, but Vientiane is no longer a good place to apply for a tourist visa if you have spent significant previous time in Thailand as a tourist.

• Thanks 1

All you have to do is put her address in as your place of stay, then go online and find a legit flight number and fill that in. If you use the same airline that you flew in on, it will look legit. They won't question it. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

All you have to do is put her address in as your place of stay, then go online and find a legit flight number and fill that in. If you use the same airline that you flew in on, it will look legit. They won't question it. 

He's applying for a visa - the embassy will want to see a confirmed booking in his name. 

• Like 1