TM.30...again!

Not an answer to your question but solution to deal with TM30s.

> I just PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register and file TM30s on the IO TM30 website.

It's easy to register and file TM30s (if you know how to do it).  It will take max 1 hour to register and file the first one. Subsequent ones will take 1-2 minutes. Piece of cake.

• Like 1

Kanchanaburi Immigration told my wife she only has to file the TM30 when I return from out of the country.

I have seen reports of other offices requiring a TM30 for any overnight trip away from home.

If it's one thing consistent in Thailand it's inconsistencies between offices.

Kanchanaburi Imm also refused to supply my wife with a username and password for no good reason at all.

3 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Kanchanaburi Immigration told my wife she only has to file the TM30 when I return from out of the country.

I have seen reports of other offices requiring a TM30 for any overnight trip away from home.

If it's one thing consistent in Thailand it's inconsistencies between offices.

Kanchanaburi Imm also refused to supply my wife with a username and password for no good reason at all.

I will be asking my immigration office later this month when I go to renew my extension, best to get it from the horse's mouth, but I would imagine it would be on the lines of no need anymore, only if you go out of the country, that way, the loss of face isn't publicised, i.e. you have to find out by word of mouth, but best get it from the horse's mouth.  

Technically, the landlord, home owner or 'possessor' of any residence is required by law to report the presence of a foreigner residing at that address to Immigration within 24-hours. If you are the foreigner and possessor then that is you. If not you, your landlord must still complete another TM30 report. Some jurisdictions allow landlords, home owners and 'possessors' to pre-register so that this filing can be done online (see Peter Denis' post on how to do that). It is impossible to generalize if/when and if provincial immigration offices will support this online system but based on other threads that suggested that certain people filing extensions and/or 90-day reports were being given extra scrutiny and being fined regarding lack of TM30 filing it would be prudent to find out at your local office.

I read one case, after hearing that their local Immigration were asking extension applicants and 90-day reporters to get their landlords, owners or 'possessors' to complete TM30's as part of their application processing and reporting, they took a completed TM30 to immigration as part of their paperwork for the annual retirement extension. In some cases it appears they hand the form back as it was not required, some cases they do require it. This is the inconsistencies we are all facing. 

8 hours ago, orientfan said:

I am returning to my home in BKK today from Kanchanaburi and am advised it is no longer necessary to file a TM.30 if you haven't left the country.

Assuming your home Immigration Office is BKK CW, I believe the recent reports out of BKK CW have been indicating that TM30s these days are only being required for international travel...and not domestic travel, especially if one is returning to their home address.

One way or the other, you're only likely to find out for sure when you go to apply for your next extension of stay.