PHOTOS: Goodbye to plastic bags

webfact

As I've got a hoard of plastic bags that could last for years, I reckon people will start to look at me like indoor smokers. Look, bad bag, bad man! I don't know why they call them single use. Many of those plastic bags are good for TEN times. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Salerno said:
13 hours ago, ben2talk said:

I think the concept of 'free' is outdated.

They where never "free" in the first place. 

Yep, most things touted as "free" are really just "included" in the asking price. "Free" can be applied only when there is no monetary transaction occurring. Even then, one has to consider any peripheral/unconsidered costs such as one's time, trouble and unexpected consequences, etc.

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As I've got a hoard of plastic bags that could last for years, I reckon people will start to look at me like indoor smokers. Look, bad bag, bad man! I don't know why they call them single use. Many of those plastic bags are good for TEN times. 

Probably because many are used only once and then trashed, like the useless little ones that people use to carry their cold drinks in and the discard when finished with the drink. Hoarding plastic bags, eh? Maybe you should consider opening a plastic bag museum and charge 5 baht per tour?  I hoard bicycles and DVDs and rarely ride or watch them.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaxYakov said:

Probably because many are used only once and then trashed, like the useless little ones that people use to carry their cold drinks in and the discard when finished with the drink. Hoarding plastic bags, eh? Maybe you should consider opening a plastic bag museum and charge 5 baht per tour?

There are different sizes and thicknesses. I use them all at least two times. The prize are the larger thicker ones which can last 10 times for repeated shopping. I've been using before to reinforce the thin or too small bags they give you assuming you aren't taking a long trip on public transport.

• Thanks 1

My wife just opened a small street stall, we use only biodegradable containers and NO plastic bags..we also encourage returning customers to bring their own containers and save 5bt...

Edited by mok199
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, monkfish said:

OK great start but what about quick food bags they're the one typically left on the beach and thrown out car windows?

Barrier bags are not part of the ban, not in Thailand or any other of the many countries that have implemented a plastic bag ban.

On 1/3/2020 at 3:28 AM, ukrules said:

If they keep giving those free big (and expensive looking) bags away then it can go on indefinitely.

The day they stop giving them away and making people pay for them - it's back to normal as business will tank

Im 50/50 on this sticking. It could go either way.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:34 AM, Curt1591 said:

Now for the absurd: https://www.thairath.co.th/news/society/1738956

Thai TV stations are being asked to censor out plastic bags!

dFQROr7oWzulq5FZYj3VAwoysePzMJQL3tCHjvm2PvcvCM0PXTBqho55hecpwwmGXJo.jpg

Coming soon: 5 years in prison for posting images of plastic bags online.