air-con problem

overherebc

8 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

That's due to the fact he has no freon or he forgot to bring it.  

You need freon.  Really, you need a new compressor but what the hell, roll the dice.

The Aircon uses R-32 and NO he didn't forget it as we have bought our own!

gas2.JPG.ead69ae6c600f12329dd23849a61ae3a.JPG

Edited by MJCM
added Picture of the R-32 Bottle

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, hackjam said:

What is the minimum distance between AC unit and ceiling? Or does it vary depending on brand? 

There will be an optimum position but I personally don,t think it really matters providing there,s enough room to remove the cover............:jap:

Was having issues with our 1 Yr Old Inverter-style AirCon, it wasn't cooling the same as when brand new. While I try to keep the inside split clean by blowing it out every other month, I was pretty much ignoring the outside heat exchanger as it's mounted above door level and I don't give it much notice. So just got through giving the outside unit a good bath and the inside a good going over with a can of compressed air and an old tooth brush to the squirrel cage fan but wasn't getting that refreshing coolness of the like-new unit so decided to call the local service company to go over the whole system.

The guy shows up with a pressure washer and a cloth water funnel and gave both the outside and inside splits a good power wash. Even though I had 30 minutes earlier used a water hose on the outside coils and compressed air on the inside split the service guy using the pressure cleaner was able to directly hit and clean the heat fins and fan blades of each unit and the resulting the water pouring down the cloth water capture funnel was absolutely filthy.

Following the very thorough power wash down, a quick blow dry and a wipe down of the inside unit, he was finished.

I'm now 600thb poorer, but at least I wasn't the one climbing up a wet ladder.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, casey1 said:

I'd be changing your aircon gas company, there is simply no excuse for gas leaking other than poor workmanship; plain incompetence or maybe intentional... stop and think about it, understand it is a closed loop system... there is no rational reason for gas to leak, period...

Well, I do have a gas leak. I bought a 18000 btu Samsung from Homepro, I never thought it was 

cooling as good as it should. At about 18 months, with really little use I had a part time AC guy check

it and it was low on gas, he added some. The next year I had a real full time AC check it again.

This is a living room unit and not used a lot.

Any way, he said it quite low on gas but showed me 

where outside unit was leaking through tiny holes, and said he would not add gas to leaking

unit. The problem is this unit has aluminum coils on the condenser and he said he had seen this 

often before. You could see oil stains on the coils even after I had washed it. 

The moral of the story is , don't let salesmen sell you an AC with aluminum coils, no matter

how much they say it is improved and works just as good as copper.

I do know a little about mechanical systems and do a good of maintaining my things.

But this was just 30,000 baht down a rabbit hole. Homepro said 6 months on the unit

is the max they any responsibility, even if it is a manufacturing  defect.

Copper good, aluminum BAD.

Samsung Bad.

15 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Can someone recommend a place to go to buy and have them install a small A/C unit?

You might want to provide a location.  Expect most shops are currently closed in many locations.