NonO Marriage Monthly Income Source

Dear Ozzie, I'd suggest flying to Vietnam HCMC direct from Chiang Mai (2,400bht each way Vietjet) and getting a multi entry Non-O from the Thai consulate there.

It's more expensive ($200) but vastly easier with no financial requirement hoops to jump through.

Not to mention Saigon is a great and inexpensive place for a little holiday.

They do want a hand written letter of invitation from your wife, pretty much anything in Thai with her signature at the end will do.

Signed copies of marriage cert, her ID, her house book, your passport.

Couldn't be easier, and no queues, in and out in 5 minutes (x2) hand in application in the morning, collect VISA next afternoon.

Edited by BritManToo

I am amazed re this subject - my mate went to renew his visa in Chai Nat and they said 40,000 a month for marriage visa now not acceptable, he queried this with regard to the regulations but was told Bangkok said this was true he had to borrow 400,000. Now he has been told that 400,000 is not sufficient as he has to show he has a monthly income on top of that for living expenses.

Some of these Immigration Departments are making up the rules on the hoof - I reckon the Embassies need to get involved - but will they bearing in mid they abdicated all responsibility for proof of income letters even when the proof was official P60 and DWP letters

What do you think people?

• Like 1