Multi entry Non-O possible from Myanmar

I asked this question to the OP in the thread above, and now I am asking you:

As long as you have the required funds, why go abroad for a one year non 0, instead of asking for a one year extension at your local immigration office?

The former choice is more costly and implies that you need to get out of Thailand every 90 days...

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The former choice is more costly and implies that you need to get out of Thailand every 90 days...

Not everyone stays in Thailand 12 months of the year.. Many work overseas and a Non Imm O multi is the only available option right now, unless you wanna run the visa exempt gauntlet !!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Not everyone stays in Thailand 12 months of the year.. Many work overseas and a Non Imm O multi is the only available option right now, unless you wanna run the visa exempt gauntlet !!

A friend of mine is out of Thailand half of the year, and yet has a one year extension together with a reentry permit...

The only constraint is that he has to be in Thailand at the time of renewing the extension...

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

As long as you have the required funds, why go abroad for a one year non 0, instead of asking for a one year extension at your local immigration office?

You speak for yourself. I live less than two hours from Mukdahan and can easily pop over to Savannakhet, buy some Beer Lao and Dao coffee and be back home in time for lunch. Cost, negligible. Cash tied up for a one-year extension, zero.