Retirement extension of stay based on income success

stouricks,

It’s nice to work with an office that understands the rules and applies them correctly.  Makes life much simpler.  I’m sure I didn’t need the copies of the TM30 and the 90 day report since they also confirmed them by looking me up on the system.  I submitted them anyway.

1 hour ago, statman78 said:

Unbonjoe  is correct. I needed to sho proof of residence.  The house is under her name.  On the copy of the house registration she had to write that I lived there and she had to sign it.

That dude is almost always right. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, statman78 said:

Unbonjoe  is correct. I needed to sho proof of residence.  The house is under her name.  On the copy of the house registration she had to write that I lived there and she had to sign it.

OK.  Interesting.  If one moves around a bit, say 90 days in one province, switches hotels now and then, etc.  what kind of proof are they actually looking for?  TM 30s in the database for the hotels or condos?  Say I was "retiring"in Pattaya, What would the Jomtien office want?  Lodging receipts from each of the hotels I rented?  Record of the last hotel stayed at?

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

OK.  Interesting.  If one moves around a bit, say 90 days in one province, switches hotels now and then, etc.  what kind of proof are they actually looking for?  TM 30s in the database for the hotels or condos?  Say I was "retiring"in Pattaya, What would the Jomtien office want?  Lodging receipts from each of the hotels I rented?  Record of the last hotel stayed at?

To apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement you basically have to have a somewhat permanent place to stay. That could be a cheap room at a apartment building.

You will need a address for 90 day reporting and that must be done at the office where you applied for your extension. You can travel around and do them online or by mail if you have a address for the receipt to be mailed to that is shown on the TM47 form.

The TM30 reporting is not really that relevant since it appears Jomtien immigration is not requiring it unless you leave and re-enter the country.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement you basically have to have a somewhat permanent place to stay. That could be a cheap room at a apartment building.

You will need a address for 90 day reporting and that must be done at the office where you applied for your extension. You can travel around and do them online or by mail if you have a address for the receipt to be mailed to that is shown on the TM47 form.

The TM30 reporting is not really that relevant since it appears Jomtien immigration is not requiring it unless you leave and re-enter the country.

I traveled non-stop birding Thailand for years with a retirement Visa. A few years ago they made it miserable to travel around. A complete and utter joke. What a mess.

Edited by garyk

On 1/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, Captain 776 said:

I did mine in Chiang Mai 40 minutes, new Retirement and multiple entry.

extremely efficient.

Thats nice to know as I am gonna do mine in a few months there. So they can renew the 1 year extension on the same day you walk in to apply ( assuming everything is in order ) ? Bit concerned as I am travelling the following week so if it takes a while I may have to delay my trip.