Crazy Dave

Asiacat

I went to Crazy Dave's in Soi Chaiyapoon this morning for breakfast and saw the eponymous Dave sitting in the corner of the bar blind drunk at 10 in the morning.

Nothing too unusual in that in Pattaya I suppose but rather than just sit there quietly this ###### spend the whole time berrating his staff using foul and abusive language. Every other word he uttered was <deleted>.

Then to cap it all a guy comes up parks his bike in front of the cafe and as he's getting off Dave is giving it "Move that ######ing bike now!" when he explained he was merely parking so he could eat at the restaurant the response was "I couldn't give a ######. Move it now!" at the top of his voice. The staff were quite obviously embarrassed and tried to apologize to the guy saying "He drunk, he drunk." How the guy stopped himself from lamping this f**kwit I will never know.

I for one won't be going back.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some owners don't speak to their customers at all!

as for cheap restaurants go, you're not there for the owner are you?

No, but in a town awash with eateries to suit all tastes and pockets why go to one where you are uncomfortable?

I don't know the guy personally but know the type and when he goes out of business he'll blame all and sundry except himself.

The place next door Canterbury Tales I think it is called seems to be doing well.................I`ve heard a few good reports about the breakfast.

Crazy Daves does offer continuous comedy such as Some Mothers Do Have `Em etc.

Worth popping in to see some of the oldies and have a laugh :o

the OP may have an ax to grind. we cannot verify the accuracy of his account. there is no good reason to name/shame without some proof. the topic should be deleted as it's irresponsible to allow this report to be taken as truth when we really don't know for sure.

Feckle, working on the guidelines you lay down we might as well close the whole forum down as nobody can prove mostthings they post. You say he may have an axe to grind. Maybe you are Daves best mate trying to cover up his behaviour, get the picture. Sounds like the guys a piss head of the first extreme. For me the guy on the bike should have knocked him out. People wonder why Pattaya has a bad name. Guys like him dont exactly help

I went to Crazy Dave's in Soi Chaiyapoon this morning for breakfast and saw the eponymous Dave sitting in the corner of the bar blind drunk at 10 in the morning.

Nothing too unusual in that in Pattaya I suppose but rather than just sit there quietly this ###### spend the whole time berrating his staff using foul and abusive language. Every other word he uttered was <deleted>.

Then to cap it all a guy comes up parks his bike in front of the cafe and as he's getting off Dave is giving it "Move that ######ing bike now!" when he explained he was merely parking so he could eat at the restaurant the response was "I couldn't give a ######. Move it now!" at the top of his voice. The staff were quite obviously embarrassed and tried to apologize to the guy saying "He drunk, he drunk." How the guy stopped himself from lamping this f**kwit I will never know.

I for one won't be going back.

Neither shall I.......

But there are plenty of choices of bars/accommodation/eateries in Pattaya, so it's not a big deal really.

I once went to a bar on Soi Buakhaew, and the British bar owner actually vomitted on me. I am happy to say the said bar is under new ownership and has a new name.

The bar used to be called 'Busby Bar'........I bet someone else has got some good tales from that place, circa 2001-2004....!!!???

[

"The place next door Canterbury Tales I think it is called seems to be doing well.................I`ve heard a few good reports about the breakfast."

I ate there 4 or 5 times for breakfast, the place was okay. Different breakfast specials listed on their signboard and menu. Food was as expected - no offer of 2nds for coffee though - but place gets an "okay" from me.

the OP may have an ax to grind. we cannot verify the accuracy of his account. there is no good reason to name/shame without some proof. the topic should be deleted as it's irresponsible to allow this report to be taken as truth when we really don't know for sure.

Get a life.

Crazy Dave? Dont need to be crazy just love cheap food and drink that right Dave? YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :o:D:D

Thats Bob innit? One of Crazy Dave's crazy mates??

Bob is in Fact Dave, but not Crazy Dave, it's Dave from the Nervous Wreck Bar in Soi Yamoto.

Am I right Bob ?

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Crazy Dave? Dont need to be crazy just love cheap food and drink that right Dave? YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :o:D:D

Thats Bob innit? One of Crazy Dave's crazy mates??

Bob is in Fact Dave, but not Crazy Dave, it's Dave from the Nervous Wreck Bar in Soi Yamoto.

Am I right Bob ?

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Yes you are right,it is Dave from nervouse wreck in Yamato

you know the guy in the TV ad where Bob is eating his "65 baht breakfast before he starts drinking all day" :D great stuff, you british guys rock :D

Jeffrey. please don't tar us all with the same brush as those losers. Not all of us are on the verge of our livers packing in :o

I usually eat at Seaside 2 if I want a bit of cheap English grub. Went there this week in fact and it is closed for 3 weeks holiday. So ended up in Crazy Daves, for the first time since I have lived here and that is 4 years.

So I looked at the menu. Not a very large selection. Thought the prices were pretty high compared to Seaside 2. I ordered a Cornish Pasty which came with chips (well actually french fries which was a disappointment for an English eatery) and beans with "Bisto Gravy" The price was 140 baht as was all the pies. You can get good "homemade pies" in Seaside 2 with fresh vegs, mash and gravy, or with chips and beans for the outstanding price of 85 Baht, and as good as what CD is serving up.

Another reason to go there is the is no ting tong maw owner!!!

I usually eat at Seaside 2 if I want a bit of cheap English grub. Went there this week in fact and it is closed for 3 weeks holiday. So ended up in Crazy Daves, for the first time since I have lived here and that is 4 years.

So I looked at the menu. Not a very large selection. Thought the prices were pretty high compared to Seaside 2. I ordered a Cornish Pasty which came with chips (well actually french fries which was a disappointment for an English eatery) and beans with "Bisto Gravy" The price was 140 baht as was all the pies. You can get good "homemade pies" in Seaside 2 with fresh vegs, mash and gravy, or with chips and beans for the outstanding price of 85 Baht, and as good as what CD is serving up.

Where is Seaside 2?

This area should be given an award for its comedic contribution to society.

I love CD's and its ususally full with people laughing. Fun, laughing at Fools and Horses and the posters on the walls.

I also laugh at the restaurants accross the road, with their "Real English Indian Curries" and the sign proclaiming the restaurant as "Your Local Chinky". Priceless stuff.

So the op caught a drunk on a mouthy day! So what, happens all the time all over the world.

Where is Seaside 2?

Seaside 2 is on the same side as CD's and a few shophouses before CD's if coming in from 3rd Road direction.

Sounds about right for Crazy Dave. As said the miracle is that he is still alive as he's been drunk for nigh on 20 years straight. Also like many long time Pattaya residents he has no teeth.

He has survived with a number of cafés in a number of locals by the simple ploy of being the cheapest. The food is English type 'grub' and fine. There is little you can do wrong to egg bacon and chips.

If you can't stand Dave then as said next door is Canterbury Tales, owner also called Dave, which does much the same food for 50% more.

As a matter of interest the place across the road that advertises itself as 'your local Chinky' is also owned by Dave and was the original Canterbury Tales café until they took over the bookshop and moved over the road.